12

Then she decided that it wouldn't hurt to go in the daytime but the forest had other plans. A sudden rush of pain flung Emily backwards making her stagger and fall, "wait so we can't go during the daytime?" she wondered out loud and the pain had stopped.

"Weird" she thought as she stood up.

"What happened?" Steph asked her walking over to where she was standing

"I don't really know," she responded as she brushed off the dirt that had been on her clothing,

So for the rest of the day the slept, they needed as much sleep as they could get if they were going to be awake all night. After many hours of sleeping and sitting around it was finally night.

Emily thought that it had lost some of the power from last night but it didn't bother her. Of course the reason was because their was less power which meant less luring abilities.

That night they made it quite close to the box, it seemed weird. When Emly last was in the forest it had taken over 12 days to reach the box, but now it would be three.

During the next day they had slept once again, this time Emily knew they were close she could feel the increase of power from when she was farther behind to when she was extremely close, and it felt good. She once again smiled into the fresh open air breathing in deeply, enjoying life at it's finest.

And once again it had turned night once more and they were ready for the home stretch, Emily could barely control her breathing she was so excited, but as for Steph she didn't really care, she was really only doing it for Emily so what did it matter right?

Then they reached it, the tree that Emily so cold hearted remembered from the days when it was a dangerous world. But then again she wanted this dangerous world to happen again, except she wanted to be the one who caused it. Even though she didn't know why she wanted to do it she felt as if she needed to do it.

When Emily lifted the metal box in her hands she felt like it was success, like she did something with meaning, even though what she actually was going to do was a act of evil she hadn't recognized it.

She grabbed her favourite black pen and neatly wrote her name, and then she let Steph do the same. She sighed a breath of relief, now all they had to do was stab some trees and then the world would turn to cauyas. And that was what they did, they even managed with group effort to chop down a tree.

And then they were back on their track home only this time it was a bit more challenging. The first hallucination happened about 3 hours in, Steph had dropped to her knees screaming what was going on, but by now Emily was used to them so all she did was stand their and wait it out.

When Emily looked up to the sky it didn't give the peaceful sensation that she had experienced on the way their, it was more like smoke was in the air, it didn't smell like it but the air was thick as if you wanted to drop to the ground and fin some good air that was non existent.

This time they got barely any sleep, the wolves had started growling in the darkness and that's when they realize that they couldn't sleep much if they could get eaten or in Emily's case scratched and almost left for dead.

But they made it through the days which seemed like a good thing but in reality, wasn't really.

It seemed that the wolves taste for blood got hungrier as each day passed, each day you would her the growling a tiny bit closer until it sounded as if they were behind you but really they were far away.

Emily guessed that the noises were somehow a part of the hallucinations that had come with the forest but she didn't know for sure.

Back in the village Emily's old group of friends had started to get worried about her, at this time it had been 5 days since she had been gone. Even though they didn't hang out with her as much as they used to they still worried about her.

They were thinking about telling someone who would actually do something but thought better of it, it was when they had a meeting at Zoey's house when the camoution had started.

All these types of sirens came from nowhere and started to get louder the longer that it blared. The group had wondered what had happen to cause such a alarm to go off but then Zach had thought of something.

"Do you remember the one other time the alarm went off?" he asked the group hoping that they would catch on to what he was saying

"Wait you really think that it's happening again, it was only 2 years ago didn't we solve the problem and who would want to live through it again anyways?" Zoey said

"So it's really happening again and we don't know where Emily is," Ethan said thinking out loud

"I really hope nothing happened to her," Josh said a wave of worry flashed over his face as he said it making his friends concerned

"One thing's for sure, we need to find Emily, no matter what." Zoey retorted

The Faceless ForestOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara