40

The group looked back but didn't stop running, and that's what lead Zoey straight into Emily. "Emily!" she screamed, Emily was smiling and crying but for once since she had gotten kidnapped for a second time, she was happy.

Her friends came over to see if Zoey was lying, they all had smiles on their faces when they saw she wasn't. They all had a group hug but when they heard footsteps behind them all the happiness from before disappeared.

Emily closed her eyes, she didn't know who it was, her father, her brother. All she knew was that she was terrified of them both. All the leadership she had disappeared as soon as she had gotten kidnapped the second time.

She took a deep breath and opened her eyes, that leadership wasn't going to be gone for long. She let out a sigh of relief when it wasn't her brother, but that only lasted a second before reality kicked in.

"Guys, we need to start moving!" Emily said surprisingly calm

But they were all in a trance, watching Emily's father, Emily was the first to notice that he had his axe, "GUYS!" she yelled fear taking the calmness she had before from her voice.

"Oh Emily, how wonderful it is for you to join us!" his smile seemed like it was taking over his face and that's when she forced herself to look away, she knew that he wasn't there for fun and games, he wouldn't mind if one of them were killed.

She pushed over her friends, breaking them free of the trance her father had put on all of them.

"Owww," Zoey exclaimed

"No time!" Emily practically yelled as she helped her friends get up,

"We need to run, now," Emily hinted once all of her friends were on their feet.

And that's what they did.as far and as fast as they could, but it was still no match for Jake, he was the fastest of them all. Even with his axe flying around in the air, he could outrun them all.

By the time the group were out of breath Jake was right behind them. It was Emily who stopped first, she wanted to try out a trick that she had seen in a movie when she was little.

At the top speed that could run at, she stopped, hoping that her father would trip over her. It worked, when he tripped the axe he was holding fell right into the cement sidewalk.

Emily knew she shouldn't laugh, but that didn't stop her from doing it, the loud thump of his body made her friends stop running, they turned around only to see that their kidnapper had fallen face first into the sidewalk. They all burst out laughing, but they didn't stay laughing for very long.

He quickly got up, pulled the axe out of the ground and he still had a smile on his face. "Ugh, when does this guy not have a smile on his face?" Zoey fumed, trying to help herself not think about what he was going to do her if she had stayed.

At her comment Jake's smile got even bigger. He started to run towards them not giving them any time to think about what they should do, he grabbed them. But this time they fought back, as hard as they could. All of them were fed up with what he had done to them, they needed to escape and this was what seemed like their only chance to do it.

He grabbed his axe, and went to swing it, all of them backed away as fast as they could. Jake let out a chuckle, as if the fear they had of him was humorous.

Then an idea came to Emily, she made a motion with her hand to show her friends that she wanted them to follow her, they did. They all slowly backed away and then when they were far enough away that he couldn't grab any of them, they got up and ran as fast as they could.

It didn't matter where they ran, across the road, in someone's yard, they didn't care. All they knew was that they needed to get away from Jake. Which they did, somewhat.

What they didn't realize was that they had stopped in front of Emily's old house, where her parents were supposed to be dead. But they all knew better by then.

They heard something from within the house, creaking noises as if someone was walking in the house, "no," Emily thought mentally shaking herself.

"We should keep moving," Emily blurted still staring at the house, when she looked at it she couldn't help but think of the memories it had with it. All of here childhood had been in that house.

"Yeah I think we should," Zoey added looking at the house and then at the ground, she also had known that house, it was her home away from home.

So they started running again just as a hooded figure came out of the front door. It was Emily who heard the door open as she was running but she didn't turn around and check.

All of a sudden Emily gets yanked backwards, she falls which make her friends stop, Emily had after all been in the front. They turn around and they all gasp, Emily turns only after she sees her friends mouths wide open in shock and fear. What she sees makes her want to cry, her brother was back, he still had the hood up but she could tell that it was her brother.

Noah, please!" she whispered, loud enough for her friends and her brother to hear. She could see his sneer from under the hood he wore.

"Noah!" Zoey exclaimed in shock

"Yes sweet Zoey," he pulled his hood off and smiled an evil smile at her,

"I loved you like you were my brother even after you-" Zoey stopped, her face had gone pale, she looked like she was about to throw up.

Emily's mouth was open "WAIT YOU DID THAT TO MY BEST FRIEND!" realization hit Emily like a bulldozer, and she let all of her anger out onto him, her fists were shaking. She was one big ball of hate and anger.

"I'm surprised you never found out, well i did tell little Zoey their that if she told then I would be killing you, my dear sister. And that offer still goes so," he let out a chuckle he pulled out his knife and came towards Emily.

"But I never told Noah," Zoey sounded so calm even though her insides were going crazy.

"I guess that's true, do you want me to then, since I bet they're dying to know, literally,"

"But why would my friends have to pay the price if you told them, I think it would go the same for you, I kill Jake if you tell and you kill Emily if I tell" she swallowed hard to get the last few words out of her mouth.

"Talk about making deals with the devil," Emily muttered under her breath only loud enough for Zoey to hear.

Zoey laughed, a good laugh. It seemed like she was happy, but none of them really were.

"What if I tell them with no harm to them whats so ever."

"Or me," Zoey added "no hurting me,"

"Fine, we have a deal,"

"Then go ahead," Zoey let a sigh and looked at Noah.