Chapter 2

"Aah! Jennifer screamed out as she was thrown against her sofa and fell to the ground as the guy behind the mask kept beating on her."Help!!" She cried out but he held her mouth shut with his hand." Shut up! Shut up your pretty little mouth." Xavier sneered as he kept beat on her. When he was done. He got up and smirks." Have a nice and just left her there as he ran out of her shop-

Jennifer quickly shot up as she started to breathe harder and ran her fingers through her hair. She closed her eyes as she tried to calm herself down. She never thought she would have the nightmare again but ever since Jax mentioned about an break in. The nightmares started up again. She looked over at her alarm clock and sighs as it read 2:30 am. She sighs as she laid back down. She just laid there staring at the ceiling as she couldn't sleep.

***********

Jax walked into Jennifer's store when Jennifer walked back out from the back." Hey Jennifer." Was the first thing he said as Jennifer looked up at him.

" Hey Jax." She said  walking  back behind her counter with her coffee with one hand and her sketchbook in her other hand. She avoided eye contact with him at all  she didn't want him to see she hasn't slept.

" what can I do for you?" She asked setting her stuff down on her counter.

" I was wondering if you thought more about my offer." He said looking at her.

Jennifer could feel his eyes on her but she still refused to look up." I have and I'm still thinking about it." She said as she took a drink of her hot coffee which is now her third cup by the way. She opened her sketchbook." Listen I got lot of work to do here." She said as she didn't want to be rude but she just didn't want him around her right now.

Jax nods his head as he was hurt that she wouldn't look up at him like she did yesterday." I'll check back later." He said softy and walked out of her store.

He looked  back at Jennifer for a moment before facing the front and rode away.

All day Jennifer worked on her sketches trying not to think about the nightmare that she fought so hard to forget. She also didn't want to think about Jax either but she couldn't help it. She couldn't but help  feel bad for being rude to him or avoid eye contact with him. He didn't deserve it. But Jennifer has put up this wall around her for so long now. That she,don't think anyone can break it. Not even Jax. But here's a huge part of her hoping he can try.

**********
Gemma pulled up to the new store as she got her car. She walked up to the door and read the sign." Clothes Over Bros." She read. That's interesting."She said quietly as she walked into the store and started to look around admiring all the clothes.

Jennifer had just came from the back again as she heard an customer walking." Jennifer saw an tall woman with dark black wavy hair. Perfect fit. Wearing boots black Jeans. With a black belt around and black shirt to match along with an matching black jacket.' Welcome to Clothes Over Bros." Jennifer said as she walked over to the customer without knowing who she was yet." Can I help you with something?"She asked the lady.

"Nice little store you got here." The woman said looking around some more and definitely interesting name too." She said with a smirk as she looked at Jennifer." I'm Gemma Teller." She said as she smile little.

"Wait as in Jax Teller?"Jennifer asked her." So your his---". She started to say.

I'm his mother." She said as she nods her head." He said he offered to help with your store help protect it."

Jennifer nods her head." He did and I told him I'm still thinking about it." She told Gemma as she kept staring at her hands for a moment.

"Yeah that's what he said." She said as she smirks." So listen there's a party tonight at the clubhouse. You should come I mean if you're not doing anything." Gemma said as she gave Jennifer a smile.

"Your inviting me to a party?" She asked more confused." You don't even know me." Jennifer said looking at Gemma.

Gemma nods her head for a moment as she agreed with her.

"No your right I don't know you but my son likes you. I can tell. I can see it in his eyes when he talks about you." Gemma said grabbing her bag." It's at 7pm. Don't be late." She said walking out and getting back to into her car.

*******
Jax was sitting at the picnic table with Opie Chibs and Happy just talking and laughing." So Jax did you go see her again?" Chibs asked him.

" Yeah I saw her." He said took a drink from his beer and a smoke from his cigarette.

" What is it Jackie Boy? He asked sounding little concerned.

"I don't know know man. She wouldn't even look at me. It's like she has this wall around her."

Chibs nods his head." Aye. Maybe you can break it down for her.""He said giving Jax small pat on his back.

"Who invited you?" An random woman asked Jennifer as she stepped out of her car. Jennifer was about to respond back when she felt an hand on her shoulder.

"I invited her." Gemma respond as she pulled Jennifer away." Glad you could make it baby."She said as she gave Jennifer an friendly smile.

Jax looks up as he saw Jennifer with Gemma." Jennifer! Hi." He said as soon as the guys left." I'm glad you can make it." He said pulling out a chair for her.

Jennifer nods her head  as she sat down." Yeah you're mom didn't give me much of an choice."She said as she chuckled lightly.

"Well I am glad your here though." Jax said as he gave her an warm smile." That's an amazing dress you have on." He said looking at her more admiring the little black dress that fit her body perfectly. He lick his bottom lip gently.

" Thanks." Jennifer said as she gave a light smile." I made it myself actually."

" It looks good on you darling." He said as he smiles softy still couldn't stop staring.

"So listen  I wanted to apologize for this morning. I had a bad morning didn't really get enough sleep last night. I was in an bitchy  mood and took it out on you. Which you didn't deserve and I'm sorry." She said looking at him.

"Don't worry about it darling. I completely understand." He said as he smiles more at her as he wanted her to know he understood.

Gemma couldn't help but watch them together. Chibs walked up to her."

What you looking at Gemma?" He asked.

" Jax and Jennifer." She said as she grins softy." I think we are looking at Jax's new old lady ." She said as she kept watching.

-------