Chapter 17

"Are you seriously telling me there's nothing I can do?" Jennifer asked her lawyer. She was on the phone all morning with her lawyer trying to figure out how to keep her company out of Victoria's hands.

"Well your mom seems to have a good case against you Ms. Davis."Mr. Smith said through the phone." The only way you can save your company if you take her to court." He said.

Jennifer sighs as she pinched the bridge of her nose." I was hoping to avoid that. Is there a way I can issue an straing order against her?" She asked him.

"Well that only works if your still here in Tree Hilll though." He said firmly.

"Well we both know that's not gonna happen since I'm not moving back." She said as she sat back against her chair." Looks like I'm going to court then. Thanks anyways." She said as she got off of her phone. As she tossed her phone on the counter as she sighs softly.

"Everything okay there?" Gemma asked as she walked into the store and set her purse on the counter.

"Yeah everything is fine. I just got off the phone with my lawyer ." She said looking up at her.

"What did your Lawyer say?" Gemma asked as she placed her hands on her hips.

"He thinks the only way to fight her on this is if I go to court and I was hoping to avoid that." She said as she walked over to the managne and finishing up sewing the hem on the dresss.

"I could always talk to her." Gemma said as she walked over to Jennifer.

"Thanks Gemma but I can handle my own mother. She's just doing this because I fired her so she is getting back at me by trying to take my company away."She said as she looked over and groans. Ugh!!" Why  can't she go ruin someone's life?" She asked as she didn't look at Victoria.

" Oh stop being so dramatic." Victoria said as she rolled her eyes and looked over at Gemma." May I please talk to my daughter alone please?"She asked glaring at Gemma.

Gemma just glared at Victoria and crossed her arms and didn't move an inch.

"Gemma is okay I'll be fine. Besides this bitch can't hurt me anymore then she already have. Just go wait for me outside."She said as she nods her head to let Gemma  know she will be fine.

Gemma walked over to Victoria and spoke in an low voice." If you hurt her I will kill you."She said as she glared at Victoria once more and walked out of the store.

"See that is why I feel I'm the better choice to become CEO."She said as she looked around and then back at Jennifer." You don't know anything how to run an company. Cause if you did... you wouldn't be losing all of this or be socialized with people like that."She said looking over at Gemma.

"Okay first off I know how to run an company. I been doing an pretty good job of it for awhile now and leave Gemma out of this. This isn't even about her. It's about us and the fact the only reason why you want to take my company from me is because I fired you so you're getting back at me. You can't accept the fact that your daughter has something you don't have. But wait I'm not your daughter right?" She asked as she crossed her arms."I mean you did tell me you never really wanted me. Just get out of my store."She said as she walked off.

Victoria just rolled her eyes and then left the contract on the counter and walked out of the store. She then walked up to Gemma." Get Jennifer to sign that contract. She doesn't deserve the company or this store. "She said as she walked off to her car.

"Gemma walked back into the store and as she approach to the counter. She picked up the contract and place it in her purse and then went into the back to check on Jennifer." You okay sweetheart?"She asked.

Jennifer closed her eyes as she could feel tears rolling down her face as she shook her head." You know mother's are supposed to be proud of their daughter. Not tear them down."She said as her voice cracked. "You know I always ask myself. If she never wanted me then why did she have me?" And of course I ask the same question about my father."She said as she looks over at Gemma." Jax is very lucky to have you as his mom."She said as she smiles through her tears.

"I don't know about lucky." Gemma said as she chuckled and sat down beside Jennifer." I'm just a mother who will do anything to protect my son and my family. Nothing will ever get in the way of that."

"Okay changing the subject. What's up for tonight?" She asked as she was wondering if Gemma had anything plan.

"We are supposed to have a party at the clubhouse tonight. There's gonna be new patch members joining the club."She said as she looks over at Jennifer." Can you make it?"She asked her.

"Of course I can make it."She said as she nods her head." Um just wondering is Wendy gonna be there?" She asked.

"Wendy doesn't really socialized with the club anymore. She's not even an old lady anymore." Why you ask?" She said raising her eyebrows.

"I think she's trying to get her claws into Jax again. She's trying to push me out."She said as she sighs softy." She once told me that she doesn't think I will make it in this life. She stated that If I'm not careful I might just end up like his late wife. Dead."She said looking over at Gemma again." What really happened to Tara?"She asked her.

"Don't let Wendy scare you off. She hates that your with Jax and she isn't and like Jax told you Tara was killed in an car accident."She said as she got up and grabbed her things." Listen I gotta go. I'll see you at the party tonight."She said as she kissed Jennifer's cheek and left.

Jennifer started to think about Tara and start to wonder if there's more to the story then what they are telling her. She just have a feeling they are hiding something from her and she will find out the truth sooner or later.