Chapter 4

Jennifer didn't mean to leave without telling Jax. But she felt that she had to get out of there before he woke up and before she ran into his mom or anyone else from the club either. After Jennifer got out of the shower and dried off she slipped into her jean shorts with her purple tank top. After quickly brushing her hair she ran into her room and grab her things as she was late for work and she was supposed to open the store like an hour ago. After she poured hot coffee into her to go coffee cup. She walked out and locked her door behind and walked towards her car. When Jennifer got into the drivers seat and closed the door. She dropped her things on the front seat and set her coffee in the cup holder. Just as she was about to start the engine. She gasps as her eyes widen as she saw her attacker standing in front of her car with an smug look on his face. Jennifer closed her eyes tightly." Please Please go away." She whispers. As she opened her eyes Jennifer gasps for air as she realized it was all in her head." Get a grip Jennifer. He's just fucking with you. Its all in your head." She said to herself as she started the car and then drove to her store.

When Jennifer walked in she turned on the light and turn the sign around to open and just as she open her blinds again she jumped as she saw him again. She closes her eyes again as she took a deep breathe. When she was able to open them again  was no one there. Jennifer sighs with relieve.

After Jennifer rang up few female customers she got her sketch book out so she can finish her designs so she can be ready for her next meeting in a few days. She has been dreading this meeting at Macy's back home for weeks now. One she didn't want to go back home right now and two she didn't want to deal with her mother either. Who is the main reason why Jennifer left Tree Hill in the first place.

Jennifer suddenly jumped as soon as she felt an hand on her shoulder. She quickly looked up and saw Jax. She slowly catches her breathe as she glared at him." You know you really shouldn't sneak up on a girl like that." She standing up." What do you want?" She asked him flatly as she walked back to her counter.

"I'm just checking on you. You left without saying an word." Jax said as he walked up to her counter." I thought you would stay this morning." He said looking at her.

Jennifer shook her head as she responded back." Sorry for leaving like that. I didn't wanna wake you plus I didn't want to risk running into your mom or anyone else either." She said truthly." Jax listen I know your trying to help and I do appreciate it. But I need to be alone for awhile." She said looking at him. She hates cutting him off like this but she just couldn't be around him right now." Jax please." She said again.

"Jen I......" But she shook her head once again before he could say more.

"Jax I need to time to think and I can't do that with you around." I'm sorry." She said as she sighs softly.

Jax slowly nods his head as he placed his hand over hers which sent an tingling sensation up her arm." When your ready to talk. You know were to find me." He said as he lean over and gently kissed her cheek. Jennifer breathe lightly as she could feel his beard brushing against her cheek.

*******************

Jax walked into the office of TM and sat down." Hey ma." He looks over at her as he sat back against the sofa. Gemma looked up as she set her glasses down." Where were you?" She asked as she turn her chair around.

"At Jennifer's store." He said quietly but loud enough for her to hear.

" I figured that. How you doing with that?" She asked him.

But Jax just shook her head." I don't know mom. Its like no matter how hard I try to get closer she pulls back and puts up this wall. Before I left she told me she wanted to be alone for awhile and that she needed time to think." He said as he sighs and ran her hands through his hair.

"Want me to talk to her?" Gemma asked him.

" No it's fine mom. I'll figure it out."

Gemma nods her head." You just need to break down that wall and not give up. Don't worry she will be your old lady soon." She said as she smirks slightly.

"Do me a favor and just keep an eye on her. I'm kinda worried about her." Jax said looking over at Gemma.

Gemma looked at him as she nods her head." Sure baby."

"Thanks mom." He said as he got up and kisses her cheek before he left her office and went into the clubhouse.

Jennifer was still working on her sketches as she heard the door of her store open. As she looked up she saw her mom walking in." What you doing here?" She asked as she wasn't expecting to see her like ever.

"I'm here to see the sketches for the new fall line." Victoria said in her icey tone voice that sent chills down Jennifer's spine .

Jennifer rolled her eyes." Of course you did." She said glaring at her." You will see them at the meeting in an few days."

" Yeah about that your not needed." Victoria said with a  smile that  was so  cold.

Jennifer scoffs as she slams her book closed." Are you kidding me? Your seriously gonna take me out of the meeting? I swear Victoria if you tr-- Jennifer stopped quickly as soon as she saw Gemma walking in.

" I hope I'm not inturping anything." She said as she could sense the tension.

" Nope she was leaving." Jennifer said glaring at Victoria." Good bye Victoria."

Victoria sighs. " Fine whatever." Victoria said and left.

Gemma looked over at Jennifer for a moment." Who was that?" She asked her.

Jennifer sighs as she pinch the bridge of her nose." My mother." She said as she slowly removed her hand." What can I do for you Gemma?" Jennifer asked her.

"Actually I was wondering if there was anything I can do for you?" She asked her.

Jennifer gave her friendly smile." I'm fine Gemma but thanks though."

Gemma nods her head." Jax is worried about you." She said again."

Jennifer shook her head."  He doesn't need to I told him that.."

"You will be fine." I get it trust me I do. But don't shut him out though." Gemma said as she gave her a smile."Come over to my place for dinner tomorrow." She said as she wrote down her address and hands it over to Jennifer." Around eight pm  don't be late." She said as she left and before she Jennifer had a chance to say anything.