Chapter 26

-Two Months-

Once the doctor walked out of the room to give them some privacy. Jennifer kept staring at the photo of the ultrasound. While she kept staring she could feel an lump in her throat as she could feel tears starting to build up.

"Babe what's wrong?" Jax asked as he arched his brow.

Jennifer let out a deep breathe as she closed her eyes for a moment to fight the tears." Nothing... Its just..." She stopped for a moment as she took another deep breathe.

"Just what Jennifer?" Jax asked again as he was starting to get very concerned and worried.

"Its just. I never thought I would actually become pregnant. I wasn't sure if I was able to." She said as she looks over at him. She then place her hand against his face." But I am and its a miracle. You and our unborn child is a miracle." She said as she smiles softly." You saved my life."

Jax gently moved his face as he kisses her palm and hum softly as he grabbed her hand." I love you Jennifer and I'm gonna do everything I can to keep you and our family safe." He said as he nods his head.

Jennifer slowly nods her head as she looks at him for a moment." I know you will Jax and I love you too." She said as she leans up and kisses him deeply and passionately." Take me home." She said as she smiles softly.

"Yes ma'am." Jax said as he helped her up and out of the room and hospital with her.

*************************************

After dropping Jennifer off at home. Jax had to handle club business up in Stocken. Walking into the clubhouse Jax walked over to Happy and Tig.

"Hey how's Jennifer?" Tig asked as Jax walked up to them.

Jax nods his head." She's good. She's home resting. We gotta handle this shit up in Stocken." He said as he lid up a cigarette.

"Yeah Galen and the Irish are waiting for us." Happy said as he chewed on his tooth pick.

Jax nods his head once more." Okay lets go." He said as he walked out of the clubhouse with Tig Happy following him.

***************************

After waking up from her nap Jennifer walked out into the living room as she heard a knock at the door.

As she answered Jennifer scoffed as she shook her head." I should have given you more money. What do you want?" She asked as she crossed her arms.

"Can we talk? Please?" Victoria begged as she was standing in front of Jennifer.

Jennifer sighs softly." Yeah. Come in." She said as she moved to the side and let her in." What is this all about?" Jennifer asked as she closed the door behind her.

"I had a lot to think about. These past couple of months. Of what I did and how I was with you." She said as she looked at her daughter. The daughter she never had the chance to get to know.

"Okay and?" Jennifer asked as she shrugged her shoulders.

"And I realized I should have loved you more then the company." She said as she took out contracts out of her bag." Here take it. It's yours." She said as she hands it over to her.

"What is it?" Jennifer asked as she took it from her.

"Its the company. Its your 100%. What you decide to do with it. It's totally up to you." She said as she nods her head.

Jennifer looks over the contracts. She then shook her head as she looked at Victoria confused." I don't get. Why are you doing this?" She asked her.

"Because I should have been supporting you. I should have been there for you while you were growing up. But instead I let my greed and jealousy take over." She said as she walked up to her.

She then place her hand against Jennifer's stomach." Don't make the same mistake with your child. The way I did with you." She said softly as she looked at her daughter more.

Jennifer could once again as she felt an lump against her throat. As tears started to fall she shook her head once more." I won't." She said softly..

Victoria nods her head as she smiles softly." I know you won't." She said as she hugged her daughter tightly.

Jennifer threw her arms around her mother and hugs her back as she let the tears starting to fall. She didn't want to let her mother go or this moment to end.

**************************

After the meeting with the Irish and August Marks. Jax headed over to Disoa to make sure everything was doing okay. Walking in he found Gemma sitting at the bar talking to one of the girls.

"Hey mom." He said as he leans over and kisses her cheek." Is Nero around?" He asked.

"He's in the back with Collette. They are waiting for you." She said as she took a sip of her drink.

"Okay." He said as he looked over at Tig." Tig come on." He said as called for Tig to follow him into the back.

"Jax." Collette exclaims as she grins even bigger as she watched him walking into the office.

"I'm glad you both are here." He said looking over at Nero and Collette." Tig is gonna be your new partner." He said as he looks over at Tig as Tig nods his head.

"What you talking about?" Collette asked as she wasn't sure what the hell is going on.

"Us being parteners isn't a good idea. Nothing good come from it." He said as he shook his head.

"And you waited two months to tell me this?" She asked as she crossed her arms." Why now? What's the sudden change?" She asked.

"I just think Tig is the better choice right now. I'm still gonna help you with your escort business. But we can't be parteners. I'm sorry." He said as he shrugged his shoulders.

Collette just scoffed as she shook her head." Whatever." She said as she stood up." Your gonna regret this." She said as she walked out of the office.

"I uh... I will go talk to her." Tig said as he walked out of the office after her.

"Are you sure you know what your doing Jax?" Nero asked him.

Jax nods his head." Yeah I do. I'm doing this for Jennifer and I think it's for the best." He said as he nods his head again.

Nero nods his head." Yeah I can respect that man." He said as he sat down." Have you heard from your ex?" He asked.

"Not since her and Oshay abducted Jennifer. Why?" He asked as he arched his brow.

"She heard about you and Jennifer getting married and expecting. She is still thinking of taking Abel."

"Jesus Christ." Jax said as he ran his hands through his hair.' She's just mad cause I didn't go back to her after Tara died." He said as sighs." When did you talk to her?" He asked

"Few days ago. When I was at Gemma's." He said as he scratched his beard.

"Okay. Thanks." He said as he walked out of the office and walked over to Gemma again." Hey track down Wendy for me." He said looking at her.

"Why Jax?" Gemma asked him.

"I need to talk to her that's why. Call me once you found her." He said as he left Disoa.