Chapter 14

"So where is Jennifer?" Gemma asked Jax as she held on to Thomas."I haven't seen her around the past couple of days."She said as Jax look over at her."

She had to go back home for a few days on an business trip. She should be back Thursday night."He said as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

" So..... Everything is okay with you guys?"She asked him as she was  curious if things were still good between them.

Jax nods his head as he set cup down after taking his first sip." Yeah everything is fine." Why you ask?" He asked as he sat back against his chair.

"Well when I went to talk to her that day in her store. She seemed very distant and she basically threw me out of her store." She said as she chuckled lightly to herself." Did she tell you what the problem was?"She asked as she took another sip of her coffee.

" Yeah she did." He said as he got up and set his coffee cup in the sink.

"What did she tell you?" Gemma asked as she was desperate to know and she wasn't gonna give up either."

Jax looks over at Gemma as he sighs." Wendy said some things to Jennifer that was upsetting her." He said as he as he put on his cut on.

"Jesus Christ." Gemma said as she shook her head." I will talk to Wendy." She said as Jax shook his head.

" No mom. You won't." He said in his serious voice.

Gemma sighs as she looked over at her son." Jackson..." She was about to say more when Happy and Chibs walked in.

" You ready Pres?" Happy asked as Chibs leans down and gave Gemma a kiss on the cheek.

" Yeah can you guys wait for me outside. I will be there in a minute." Happy and Chibs nods their head as they went back outside.

Jax looks at Gemma again." Mom please don't say anything to Wendy about this. I really don't need you to stir shit up right now with her." He said as he kisses the top of Thomas's head and then her cheek." I'm gonna be in Stockton to handle things at Diosa. Behave yourself." He said as he left.

Gemma just rolled her eyes. She was just gonna have a nice conversation with Wendy and just figure out what her problem is with Jennifer.

*********************

Jennifer sat in Haley's living room with her glass of wine. Her meeting with Macy didn't quite go the way she was hoping but she didn't want to think about it. "Thanks for letting me stay here Hales." Jennifer said as she took a drink of her wine.

"Of course Jennifer. You know you can always stay here."She said as she took a sip of her martini." So when are you leaving?"She asked her as she looked over at Jennifer.

"I'm going back home Thursday." She said as she sat straight and lean more against the couch."I should be in Charming hopefully Thursday night."She said as she smiles softy.

"You know you can always come back home." Haley said as she looks over at her." Why don't you Jen?" She asked her. We have plenty of room here and Jamie would love to have his Aunt Jennifer around."She said as she smiles softly.

"Thanks but I'm happy in Charming. My store is really picking up there and I have a man to get back to."She said as she smirks slightly." Besides my mom is here and I need to put lot of distance between us especially after what she did at the meeting this morning."She said as she sighs and shook her head.

"What did Victoria do exactly?" Haley asked as she sat up more and set her glass down on the coaster.

Jennifer pinched the bridge of her nose as she breathe out loud and chuckled." Well Victoria had the nerve to stand in front of everyone in that meeting and basically told them that the whole men line was her idea. That she was the one who put the whole thing together and made me look like an idiot."She said as she rolled her eyes.

"Damn Jen." Haley said as she shook her head." I am sorry that she did that. Are you guys ever gonna work things out and have a daughter and mother relationship?" Haley asked her.

"Nope not anytime. Soon." Jennifer said as she shook her head." You know me and Victoria never had a Mother and daughter relationship when I was growing up and after her telling me she never really wanted me I really don't see the point."She said as she finished her wine.

"So tell me about the guy your seeing." Haley said as she wanted to know more about her best friend's new Beau. Jennifer smiles as she looked over at Haley.

"Well his name is Jax Teller and Haley he's truly amazing. He really helped me with the Xavier situation. If it wasn't for Jax I wouldn't be here right now."She said as she smiles." He's been really supportive."She said as she heard her cell go off. She groaned as she saw she had a text from Millie asking her to get to the store ASAP.

"I gotta go to the store. "She said as she stood up and set her glass down and grabbed her stuff." Is everything okay?" Haley asked as she stood up.

"I don't know yet. I'll be back soon."She said as she left. As she got into her car and read the text again. She responded back and let Millie know she was on her way and then drove to Clothes over Bros.

*********************

"What the hell do you mean it's not my company anymore?" Jennifer asked as she crossed her arms and glared at Victoria.

" Well lately you haven't been focusing on the company and well they all decided that I should take over the company." Victoria said with a smug smile on her face." As a matter of fact I am the new CEO."She said as she sat back.

Jennifer slammed her hand against the table." Let's get some facts straight Victoria." All my life you were never there for me not even once. All you ever did was give me  money and then send me on my way. You never took the time to get to know me. In High school in my senior  year I'm the one who started this company. True for four years you did help me make it become bigger and very successful. I do give you credit for that. But it's still my company and I'm still the CEO."She hissed again." Your not gonna get away with this."She said as Victoria set some kind of contract down on the table." What the hell is that?"She asked as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Well after you sign that All of this will be mine and that little store of yours in Charming will be closed by the end of the week."She said as she smirks as she gave Jennifer the pen.

Jennifer just glared at the pen and then back at Victoria." I'm not signing it. You know taking credit this morning for my men line was one thing but this. Trying to take my company away from me. That I've worked very hard for. That's just low even for you Victoria."She said as she grabbed her stuff."Go to hell Bitch. Your not taking my company away from me."She said as she stormed out of her store as Millie sighs as she watched Jennifer drive off.