UNCOUTHLY ATTACHED: 12.

Kano State, Nigeria.
2012.

The three of the sat down across the maroon rug on the floor, talking about everything and nothing.

One thing she found about the other cousins is that, they like talking about work and laugh out what is wrong with the people they are working with and make fun of some people. She is bonding, connecting and tieing with them quite quickly and rapidly. She thought she was going to have to take a very long time showing them that she is just like a little kid wanting her brothers' support but she already have four by her side and she knew it won't take long for the others except for one.

"You accepted that challenge without thinking you silly woman. You can't just become a medical doctor with just drool." Huzaif brotherly scolded.

"I wasn't thinking and he just abruptly flashed something within so I accepted it. I'm very good in biology and chemistry so I don't think I will have much problem, right?" She asked with her famous deer-caught-in-headlight look, very innocently.

"Not much, but medicine is hard and I think they should take you to India because studying medicine in this country is just you trying to make yourself older than your age and we don't want you living with us when you're supposed to be in your husband's." Humaid rambled jocosely.

"Yeah, he's right." Suwaid nodded his head absent minded.

"What's India?" She made a look of repugnance, antipathy, and aversion because they just mentioned something she doesn't know about.

"It's the best country to study medicine." Humaid answered while Huzaif just sat there, looking at them all but he's faraway from the topic.

Falak didn't know what got into her, she just started thinking about her father. He would've objurgated her for accepting challenge like this, most especially if he would know how hard medicine is. She likes stochastically accepting challenges even in her village because one time, she agreed to watch the cows as they roam for food but she ended up falling asleep -because she was tired and seven cows went missing. She cried for straight seventy minutes before standing up to look for them and luckily, Marawiyyah's brother found them but he did rebuked her.

"Why are you crying you silly woman?" Humaid touched her shoulder which made her flinch but didn't move away, he's her brother and she reflexively jerked because no other male had ever touched her before except for her father.

"I just withcalled some memories." She sniffles, wiping away the tears from her eyes since she doesn't even know when they started falling like her sluice just broke out.

"We should go get you some ice cream. Do you know what it is?" Huzaif laughed when she made an abhorrent expression because that was just a blatant and tumult insult.

"I don't know it but stop saying it like that arrogant brother of yours." She didn't know why she was talking about Shaddad but he was the one who called her a village lass and challenged her, her very first day in the palace.

"I wanted to talk about this." Humaid guffawed before continuing; "Shaddad never talked around the dining table if not in the hospital. You got him talk two times around the dining table, that was very odd but interesting." He chuckled but was very serious.

Falak only shrugged, knowing if she is to say something, she is going to embarrass herself thoroughly so she kept quite and let her mind wander around. Why can someone not talk around his own family? She wouldn't do that for the love of God. When she said she loved him yesterday, she was really telling the truth because her heart literally detonated when she looked at him, she never felt that even with Mu'allim Bilaal her crush.