UNCOUTHLY ATTACHED: 21.

Kano State, Nigeria.
2012.

"I don't know what Falak is thinking right now." Jabrayah mumbled to herself after getting dressed in the maroon ankara that has touches of gold which the marketers call, embellish. Falak brought it out from her drawer. Though she's dark skinned, she looks very beautiful in the maroon colour.

A few minutes later, three maids knocked on her door and she opened the door for them. She looks surprised because she never thought she would be treated like a princess again, though she wasn't treated like one in her fathers home, he told them that they are going to have to do everything themselves because they will be getting married to another man someday and that man might not have a maid to tend to their needs.

"Uh, why are you here?" She tried to act civilized but being socially awkward and someone who have a very hard time trying conversations, she doesn't know what to say and hopes she doesn't sound bad mannered or obscene.

"The Queen sent us, my Lady." Their heads are all bowed like they are showing their respect, she felt somehow with that though, very uncomfortable.

"Okay?" It came out more like a question since they look like they are not ready to explain why they are there and she is not going to ask that, she will sound rude and she doesn't want to be bitchy.

"She asked us to get you dressed in this before the guests start coming." One said after a moment of silent between them. She looks like she's in her mid thirties while the others look around twenty to twenty one and nothing more than that.

They are all dark in complexion but the older woman looks finer than all of them. All of them are effortlessly dressed in brown and cream maid outfit that looks beautiful. Even if they will walk out in the outfit, not everyone will know that they are maids in the palace. It looks good enough for you to wear outside and not feel uncomfortable with it. She will even like the type of outfit, she should ask for one.

"Oh, but I'm already dressed." She smiled though they are not looking at her and they probably missed the gorgeous smile that adorned her face with white pearls on display.

"She asked us to get you into the Alkyabba." The older maid further explained and produced a beautiful alkyabba Jabrayah didn't see her holding. It's so beautiful that she beamed at the piece of clothing and asked them to come with her to her room and not her husband's, that is disrespect if they are to go to her husband's room, he is a Prince after all. He is feared by them all and she won't give them any reason to mistreat him.

They draped the alkyabba on her head and let it flow down her body to the ground. Five inches is sweeping across the tiled floor like a tail. The alkyabba is cream in colour but has rich golden and maroon embroidery around the hood, neck and down the length of the opened front and a little stones behind her back. She looks so pretty in that alkyabba. She twirled around making the maids grin at their handiwork, she liked it and that alone made them proud.

"Can anyone of you tie this head tie for me please?" She asked after going to her husband's room to get the head tie she couldn't tie around her head. She's not really into ankara so she can't do much with the head tie, she normally drape veils around her head and she's done.

"Sure, my Lady." One of the younger ones volunteered and took the head tie from her hand to tie it expertly on her head in a pretty turban.

"It's so gorgeous, thank you." She thanked the maid and they all look pleased yet again. They won't have much problem with their lady since she is always this cheerful and thankful.

The maids left when Suwaid walked into the apartment, his scent taking in all other nature's smell from her nostril and gulping a big choke of his into her throat. He also walked with power and pride with each step and head held up high like he knows what no one knows. She took a moment to keep looking at the gorgeous specimen, he truly is a dark skinned beauty with beard and long nose, her dream guy.