UNCOUTHLY ATTACHED: 48.

Kano State, Nigeria.
2018.

Falak wasn't over the fact that Shaddad complimented her for the first time since never. He called her beautiful! Maybe the marriage isn't such a bad idea after all, but she won't back out from that one plan she has in her head and she will make him pay for it even if it is the last thing she does. He's hurt her enough to last a lifetime and it is time for payback, just a little one that will stop him from ever messing with her.

When the Kamu was over, they were forced to get into the same car and get back to the palace and no words were exchanged between them. She didn't even thank him after the compliment and just did her little fan girl deep within her and didn't bother showing even a smile. She is that mad at him and is giving him silent treatment, well, till the knot got tied that is.

That same night, the eve to her wedding day, she was asked to stay in her room by her mother's sister and her mother's cousin that there is a tradition the Fulani's have for the bride the night before her wedding. Falak remembered that but was hoping the geriatrics will forget about it and just let her sleep like a baby, she is tired to the bones and veins. She wants to relax her muscles for more things to come.

They mixed the henna paste in a huge bowl and walked into her room with it and Falak stifled a groan while her friends only giddily watch as the tradition takes place. It almost look like Indian because everyone around the room was asked to put it on her face or body which Falak didn't like. If you don't have a good skin, the place might yaw red while the other placed will be the colour it was and it is very annoying to have different skin on your wedding, she hopes she doesn't have that.

She was forced to wear a sleeveless black knee length dress and because of that, her friends find it funny to put some on her knees and calf but she didn't talk. The geriatrics put it on her face and some added it to her arms. She even glared at some of them that won't stop teasing her as if she asked them to.

She didn't even know that Shaddad is also Fulani from his father's side till the wedding started coming more and more closer. She was told that his father, the King is a Fulani man and they will like to do all the Fulani traditions especially because she is also Fulani. Falak laughed because she can't picture Shaddad speaking Fulani, he'd look so funny but that kind of explains the curly hair the brothers have.

She also wasn't allowed to leave her room so after the girls left, Imad walked in with a tray full of cookies and a bowl of ice cream. He whined that they don't spend much time ever since she went to India for the first time and she agreed. She apologized and they had the best time of their lives together teasing each other and laughing at their secret jokes, just like any other brother and sister.

Imad is now eighteen years old and when he brought out his phone and took her picture with all the henna around her using emoji to close her arms and hair, Falak stopped him but he's already sent it to his Snapchat and his 'girlfriends' he said liked her. Falak shook her head at the teenager that thinks he will get married in four years because he already has a wife.

Today is the wedding day and Falak didn't leave her bed after her mother's only sister came and woke her up. She prayed fajr and didn't leave the praying mat before moving to the bed again and she's been sitting there for three long hours, staring at nothing and only thinking about how her life is about to change, either for the better or worse.

Ever since she stepped out of her village, her life became more interesting than ever. Things began to happen one after the other and she is not complaining at all. This life is better than the one she lived in her village, far much better. It is more adventurous, she now knew the purpose of life and many other things she never would have known if she was in the village.