UNCOUTHLY ATTACHED: 19.

Kano State, Nigeria.
2012.

Falak didn't go far from his office even after he chased her out. She stood outside waiting for someone to come and ask her to give him something but no one did for the next hour so she decided that she will do that herself. She is tired of him ignoring her, that's not what lovers do back in her village. They spend time with each other and then get married before living happily ever after.

"Hello, can I sit here for a moment before my mom gets me?" She asked quietly, hoping she sounds as ladylike as possible. She knew her voice can be too ebullient and perky so she manage to minimize it and act like a lady, maybe he will start liking her too.

"No." He fixed his lazy gaze on her, waiting for her next move and words because from her stance and posture, she looks like she's ready to argue.

"But my mom asked me to come here." She is lying and they both know that, Hajia Karima would never ask her to come to Shaddad.

He only sighed and turn his head back to his laptop to continue with some research, talking to her will only waste his precious time and every minute counts in the office. They are trying to get medicines and other machines to some villages so they can help them cure some of the diseases going around there. His father is already giving him those sort of duties to carry on before he gets to the throne.

Falak didn't talk but she sat down on the chair and kept looking at him. She didn't know when she started rambling aimlessly how beautiful he is till he flaunted his lashes up and look at her with those fascinating, charming, captivating charcoal eyes. Her eyes widen and her lips suddenly went dry, like a sandpaper or even something drier than it. She looks like a deer caught in the headlight, her famous look. She forgot that she always say her thoughts out loud and now that he heard her, she's done for. The words were not good!

"A piece of advice, be biting onto your tongue so that your thoughts won't be coming out. It's irritating!" And he went back to work after that. The way she rambles about how she loves him and how handsome he is, it was quite frightening.

She's not supposed to be happy but she was. This is the longest she's heard him say ever since she met him. Wow, she never knew he could talk like this and that is why she kept going to and fro in the hospital just so she could hear him talk longer than few lazy words directed to her. She's beaming, the smile on her face will put the sun's to shame, it's huge and beautiful like an Angel's.

"Thank you, I will surely try doing so." She finally closed her teeth after saying those words, he could see her from his wired glasses.

"Out." He mumbled, not bothering to raise his head to see whether she's left or not. Her sight alone will make his day bad and talking to her, that should be out of question, he doesn't want to see her ever again.

Falak did as she was told since she's happy that he talked to her longer than the other times. She went to her mother and helped her a little before going home to start studying for her upcoming final exams.

Everything is happening so fast and Falak can't even wrap her head around everything. She needs to pass the exams so she could start achieving her goal, becoming a paediatrician. Before, she wanted to become a paediatrician just to accept his challenge but how that she saw how her mother is saving children's life, she just wants to do that herself.

The exams rolled around and she aced them all, everyone was proud of her even Shaddad who didn't bother joining the little celebration of sweets. He just silently sat down at the dining table and look at them after Masrooq checked the result on internet and told them the good news. Imad was the first to hoot before the others all congratulated her.