UNCOUTHLY ATTACHED: 15.

Kano State, Nigeria.
2012.

After Shaddad got Harith to come to his office, he gave a skeptical and inquisitive look to his brother because he never, like never ever saw anyone in Shaddad's office and not even patients. He deals with the patients in each Ward he's working at but not his office so seeing Falak perched, branching on his chair like a bird to it's roost, makes him double take. She doesn't look very comfortable and he knew she did something to Shaddad because he also looks too uptight, not that calm.

Harith would've sworn if he was asked that Shaddad didn't know his façade had dropped. He mentally laughed because the two will be like Tom and Jerry or even something worst, they are very opposite. Maybe, just maybe, she's the one to bring him out of his thick shell, the invertebrate has a very unyielding, sturdy backbone. Shaddad is definitely going to kill him if he knows what he's thinking so he stood straight.

"Why I'm I here?" Harith asked in a deep voice, letting a ghost smile appear across his lips and if you're not looking very well, you won't see it.

"You're taking her with you." His short words only confused Falak. Why is he talking less? Maybe because his mouth is smelling? There is no reason for someone to keep talking like he's being forced. Olfaction.

"Come here, village lass." Harith called just to annoy her and Shaddad.

Falak did give him a look of distaste while Shaddad just threw a lazy glance at him. He was mad that he called her what he usually used but didn't want to show it just to stop the teasing from going any further. Not that he likes her, he just didn't like the fact that Harith wants to start using the name only he could use, was it jealousy about the name? How's that even possible?

"That's not my name." Falak grumbled, taking her books from the table and sliding them into her bag, wearing back the loafers she removed earlier.

"But you didn't stop him from calling you." Harith teased with a serious tone which made her blush, he's right, she's never corrected him. Or did she secretly like the name too?

"Whatever, let's go." She walked out if the office leaving the men to talk to themselves. He's right because it never occurred to her that she should stop him from calling her village lass but now, she will start stopping him.

"Come with me." She jumped a good feet away from the ground because he took her off guard, she thought he was going to stay there for awhile and she is to admire the place more.

"Are you always serious?" She asked silently running to where he's standing since he has linger feet than her and she has to run to catch up with him.

"I think so." He raised a brow, looking down at her with a ghost smile appearing. She's his sister, why should he be all too serious with a girl. He's always like that with his brothers but never too playful, that is the only blood they share except for Asad who likes laughing at anything.

"Why though? I mean, a little smile and soft laugh won't hurt or does it hurt you guys? I don't know but in my village, everyone laughs at my silly jokes but you guys don't even spare me a glance which makes me feel unworthy. I mean, I do like brother figures and I know having figures won't hurt. Now that Suwaid, Huzaif and Humaid are talking nicely to me, I feel loved. Why can't you guys be like th-." He cut her off when he opened the door to his office and guffawed, a veey melodic sound not too deep but not too soft either.

She didn't know what to do. Should she stare at Harith as he laughs or look around the beautiful office. She could remember Asad saying something like he's specialized in oncology and she only remembered that because there is an award sitting at the front with his name written as the best Oncologist of the year 2012, just the year they are in. Well, it's already ending so maybe they hosted the event some days before she arrived.