UNCOUTHLY ATTACHED: 16.

Kano State, Nigeria.
2012.

Falak sighed, turning around on the bed like she's having a bad dream but that's not it, her period is on it's way and she doesn't know what to do. Normally in her village, she would just use a rag -a very washed one- and make it look like a sanitary pad which they call kunzugu there. What is she going to do here since there are no rags around here so it's more complicated and why didn't she thought about it and pack some?

Should she ask the maid to help her with rags or is there something the people in the city use? Talking to her mother will be better but is she up at this time? It's already twelve in the night and everyone is in his chamber and she doesn't even know where the maid's chamber is. What is she going to do now? It's going to stain very soon, the cramps start first before the real deal.

After Shaddad rescued her earlier from the parking lot, she went back to Harith who took her home. They ate dinner and everyone parted to his room, now here she is after touching her phone a little and played Candy Crush, had to drop the iPhone 5s to hold onto her stomach. Suwaid did show her how to browse from Safari so maybe she can try doing that? She knows menstruation so she typed it only and let it roll.

So many definition showed up but since she's in pain, she didn't bother looking at it means but zeroed her eyes to bad cramps. After seeing that soaking herself in the bathtub will help, she sprinted to the bathroom and turn on the tap for the bathtub then started stripping. But won't the blood stain the beautiful tub? She's afraid but with the pain, she will wash it even if it stains, right, she needs hot water.

Thirty minutes in the tube, she walked out and put on her pajamas again. Sleep abandoned her, she jumped when she saw the Ghana-must-go she brought deep inside her wardrobe. She can tear something from those old clothes and do the kunzugu than for her to keep walking around uncomfortably. Finishing that, she took her phone and walk out of the room.

Imad showed her the huge garden at by the other side of the palace so she can check it out now. She a scary cat but what can she do? She can't stay in her room when she can't go back to sleep just like she does back in her village, she'd just go out and sit down with the cows people bring to their house so that they can keep them safe. She will feed them and talk nonstop to them before going back at dawn.

The garden is very big, too big for her liking. So many acres stretch to a never ending stop, she didn't walk around the whole length but did sat on the swing. She took the phone from her pajamas' pocket and started playing Subway Surf this time around with the volume high up. She saw some guards around there which is why she is calm about the whole coming out in the night alone.

Time kept passing and before she knew it, the call for Subh prayer started roaring around the whole place. Allah Akbar, everyone will be out now to pray, what a beautiful way to wake up. She look around as the sky started blanketing dark grey canvas instead of the plain black one. One by one, she heard doors opening and closing silently and she wouldn't have heard it if she wasn't keen on hearing everything in that cold place.

Her game was still running and the sound kept flying around the air, she didn't bother standing up since she's not going to pray. She didn't know that some of the princes use this way to go to the palace's mosque till she saw him, looking as though he just finished shooting famous interview with Ellen. He looks fresh for someone who just woke up to pray, very unlike her when she woke up in the morning.

His white thobe has no wrinkles, the cuffs in place and the collar standing at attention. His eyes are shining white even in the dark, no sign of sleepiness or sleepy person attached to him. This is the first time she's seeing him in something other than suit and waistcoat and she wants to keep it stacked in her head. He looks like an Angel, human angels should look like him because of the way he manage to bring that white thobe.