UNCOUTHLY ATTACHED: 62.

Kano State, Nigeria.
2018.

Falak silently watch the rain drop down their window trying to think of something but nothing came to her mind. The thought of what happened the night before with Shaddad overwhelmed her. He really tried opening up to her and even agreed instantly to go on a stroll with her. Maybe this memory loss isn't really a bad thing, it is a great thing that is bringing them closer and closer and that is all she's ever yearned for so many years now.

They woke up the next morning with the first rain of the year so Shaddad is still inside the bathroom taking his bath. Hmm, maybe she should take her own bath in the rain, it looks appealing to her eyes. She waited for him to come out though, they should try doing something romantic together because she is ready to regain her memory and see whether they can still work it out or not. Not that she will even let him slip from her grasp now that she has him.

As soon as he came out of the bathroom dressed in set of sweats, Falak stood up and went to stand in front of him beaming. "Let's go out in the rain. Doesn't it sound romantic?" She grinned widely, letting her innocent face to appear.

"I just finish having my shower, I can't. You might catch cold." He furrowed his brows, the real Falak is back.

"No! It is very romantic and we could have another memory, don't you think?" She persist, taking a hold of his wrist and tried dragging him with her but he didn't budge, he stood like the statue he is.

"That is not a good idea and you are sick."

"I'm the one who is sick but I'm I complaining?" She pursed her lips, continuing to drag him with her and he budged that time and let her drag him with her to their backyard.

Falak grinned after stepping out in the rain but Shaddad is trying to act like her shield not wanting her to get wet and letting himself take all the rain. She only smiled gently because Shaddad is really caring even though he doesn't know that. He cares about anyone close to him in his own weird way, he thought she didn't know what he is doing but she does, he is protecting her from the rain.

"Hey, give me a hug." She look up at him, showing him her teeth and then without waiting for permission, she envelop him in her arms and lie her head on his chest taking in his warmth.

Shaddad visibly relaxed in her hold and hugged her back after little reluctance. Her body was too soft for him to not have in his arms. She fits in like the perfect puzzle, relaxing his tensed muscles and bringing coolness to his soul. The water dripping down from her hairs are landing on his hand so he moved his left hand and place it on top of her head, shielding the long hair from the heavy rain.

Falak grinned and snuggle deeper into his chest, holding onto his grey sweatshirt tightly in her fingers. The feeling of his hard body glued to hers and his strong arms around her body is enough to send her life into frenzy. This is just how she wants to be in his arms always and forever. To have him around her and him trying to stop the water from falling on her.

She looked up at him, closing her eyes slightly because of the water dripping down from her lashes to her eyes. She released her million dollar smile and when he gaze down at her to see what she wants, she took him by surprise and placed her lips on his in a single yet passionate kiss under the rain. The water droplets from his lips entered into her own mouth making her shiver. This is the first time they kissed after her 'memory loss' and she missed the feeling of his lips. It was only three times they've kissed but he has drugged her with those kisses. She wants nothing more than to feel herself in his arms all the time.

When they pulled away, Falak coughed a little and he panicked. This is what he was afraid of. She might get sick whilst he knew he has high tolerance of cold, he doesn't get sick easily. He sighed and narrowed his eyes at her apologetic and sheepish face. She didn't know the water is too cold to get her sick, she thought those people that do it in the movie only act but look at her there trying to shroud away her coughs and almost runny nose. Oh she hated flu!