UNCOUTHLY ATTACHED: 42.

Kano State, Nigeria.
2018.

Arriving at the hospital, Falak kept her umber tote bag on her desk before leaving the Ward to Shaddad's, that is after making sure there are no patients that will need her assistance. She didn't feel the need go stay in the Ward and actually sneaked from the Palace to come to the hospital. Her mother asked her to stay home for a week or two but she is too dedicated to her job to do that.

"Come in!" And she strolled into the room, her brown pumps hitting the porpoise tiled floor with clicking sounds that would've irritated Shaddad is he wasn't used to it.

"Good morning, Sir." She sat down, not waiting for him to ask her to do so because if she will wait for him to ask her to actually do that, she will freeze on her feet and the heels won't help at all.

"Morning." Came his reply, she could feel that he wanted to add something but he is refraining himself from doing so. She won't leave until she gets to hear what it is.

"About the paintings, Dr. Shaddad. Have you thought about it yet? I'm afraid I get agitated when I see the children looking bored around the walls of the hospital, the paintings will help a lot." She wound her fingers together and keep it in the table right in front of her.

"I've thought about it and it will be done soon." He replied removing his hands from the laptop to rummage through his neat desk drawer which Falak envied. She can't keep her drawers clean, no, scratch that, she can't keep her room clean if not for Shafah's help, she wouldn't know what to do.

"What is it?" She jumped from her seat after seeing the small white gift bag on the table as he move it closer to her, that means it is for her.

"Oh my God! Ya Allah if I'm imagining this, make it one of those moments where my imaginations come true because I can't be dreaming about this! Please Allah, dan Allah, don't fold my hands..." She prayed silently not knowing that those words are falling straight to an amused Shaddad's ears.

"It is for you, open it." His eyes are smiling at her while a ghost smirk appeared across his lips as her rambles, she never listens, she doesn't act like he asks her to around him. She still can't bite her tongue to keep shut.

Opening the bag, she removed yet another white box which she opened hastily and even broke something but didn't check it. When she saw what is inside, she leaped on the sky and watch closely at the bracelet in her hands.

It is exactly the type Bilal got her but this one is real gold and has small ruby stud in the middle making it look unique and extra beautiful. Did she know when tears started falling down her eyes? She doesn't because she still didn't know that the tears are falling and just continue to stare at the beautiful piece of art. She even forgot about the bracelet she left in his office, thank God he didn't give her the one Bilal gave her.

"Thank you." She smiled in between tears, seeing as Shaddad didn't bother telling her to clean it, she also didn't bother doing so.

"Welcome." And he pretend to get back to his work when he is doing nothing, he is just not comfortable with her tears and even himself.

Was he serious when he asked someone to get him exact same bracelet with real gold? He didn't know what had gotten into him but he just felt the need to buy her something after the heartbreaking moment she went through day before yesterday. Well, he did it out of humanity and nothing else.

Falak left shortly after that and the beam etched across her lips won't be wiped anytime soon, if only she knows what awaits her. The happiness rumbling inside her won't be melting at all and so she bounced back to the Palace where the King is waiting for her. He's called upon her and she is just too eager to hear what he wants to say, she hopes it's not another proposal from those elite fellows.