UNCOUTHLY ATTACHED: 30.

I hope you are not fasting whilst reading this or you can skip the last six paragraphs, thank you. ⚠

Kano State, Nigeria.
2013.

Jaiyana grinned at herself as she moderately and sluggishly fold her clothes in Huzaif's room. She can't believe the little idea of Falak would bring her husband out of his self-centered thoughts but here they are now, giving their best to live like normal married couple. She can't wait to explore that side of marriage with her husband.

They slept together yesterday on the same bed but there still wasn't any physical connection so she thought that maybe he wants to slow things down, she didn't mind it one bit if he will be with her in all the steps of the way. She needs to know more about him, his family, favorites things and everything there is to know. She is ready to delve and wander around his life if he will give her the opportunity.

Maybe dressing in baggy sweaters and maxi skirts isn't what he prefers because as soon as she started using all those makeup, his attention came back to her so why not continue doing so? She never stopped wearing her new clothes, using light makeup and wearing lots of calming perfumes. She even used the one he likes using earlier before he left for work and he said..

"Are you wearing my perfume?" He's asked when she leaned in to serve his food, though his attention was on her bare shoulder that kept grazing his cheek with each movement.

She was wearing an off shoulder flay gown. The patterns are small keys coloured in navy blue while some parts of the ankara has golden embellished across then the other parts of it spruce coloured complicated patterns that completed the whole wrapper all more pleasing and appealing.

"I was out of perfume so I decided to use yours, I like it." He knew she was lying but like it was, his attention was in her bare shoulder that kept glistening under the chandelier in the dining room.

Unconsciously, he raised his hand and drop it on the shoulder, feeling the soft skin and the bone, scapulae. He'd heard her sharp intake of breath but he paid no regard and continue to massage it in a sensual way, a shiver went down his spine. The feeling of her skin underneath his palm is not something he could cope up with at that moment so he'd awkwardly removed it and cleared his throat.

"Next time, don't lie to me and just say the last part." His voice was light, laced with amusement which made her chuckle and sat down by the side to eat her food too. That was the first time she ate with him together on the table.

•*•*•

Successfully done around five in the afternoon, she decided to take another bath before cooking, knowing fully well that he will be back around six thirty. She changed into another ankara fitted blouse and skirt, did a little makeup and tied the head tie simply before adding an apron so she could whip out something for them but then she heard the door opening, he is back.

Sighing, she removed the noodles from the carton and started cooking it, it's faster and their favorite. She's noticed how he likes emptying his plate whenever she'd expertly cooks noodles for him most mornings or maybe it is because she is an expert when it comes to handling noodles, everyone in her house would rush to get some, even her father.

"What do we have here?" He questioned, walking into the dining room she finished setting in grey sweatpants and black v-neck shirt that clung to his body.

"Noodles, hope you don't mind." She placed the last China filled plate in front of where she will be sitting, right next to him.

She cooked the noodles with green pepper, carrot, green beans and egg. Cutting them into square shape, it gave the food a pleasant look and the boiled two eggs that sat by the side completed the look. She wanted to add sausage but the forgot, she was too giddy waiting to sit with her husband again and talk that the thought of it vanished as soon as it came. She can't be blamed, it is not everyday that she gets to sit with him and talk freely.