UNCOUTHLY ATTACHED: 24.

Some years back in Matan Fada, Katsina.

"Wallahi I don't know what you are talking about." The woman cried, looking at the man with teary eyes, begging him to understand her point and everything that has happened but he was blinded by what he wanted to hear and see to see the desperation shining in her catlike eyes.

"Karima, you will leave this house this instant. Don't you dare turn to look at my house even from afar. That is how you repay me for my kindness huh? Leave!" Mallam Muhammad bellowed through the night air making the neighbours whisper, the by passers to hush and move forward, his other wife laughing in glee alongside her children.

"Can I take Falak with me?" She defeatedly asked, looking worn out and tired of begging because she knew he is far too gone to listen and hear her wails, to hear the sound of her breaking heart and shattering soul. He won't be able to do so because he doesn't want to.

"No!" And he closed the door on her face after throwing every single bit of her belongings together with her.

Karima cried into the night, silently wishing to wake up from this nightmare but no, that is happening in reality. The night air brushed against her skin, creating gooseflesh all over her bare skin. She talked to the moon and to the sprinkled stars that adorn the dark canopied sky but nothing worked in her favour so she took off to her father's home where she slept outside her mother's door.

People will talk about her in the morning but she doesn't care, it is not her fault that her husband decided to just throw her out of the house because of something she doesn't know. He didn't explain himself when he started shouting angrily to her face whilst spitting all over it. He was beyond furious and that was why she kept quite to save her self from the cruelty she's heard about men that beat their wives because of anger.

"What are you doing out here, Mamana?" Her grandmother asked from the door she opened because she is always the first person to wake up so she could pray fajr.

"He divorced me." She wailed to her grandmother who kept her steel kettle and sat down next to her so she could hear the story she was about to narrate which she narrated without leaving any hinge untouched.

She feared for nothing but her daughter whose life will be like a toys if she doesn't do something fast. She knows how her cowife is and won't doubt it if she is the one who caused everything between her husband and her. She wants to play dirty with her daughter's life because she's promised her that, the very day she found out that she was pregnant, she didn't take it seriously but now, she needs to act fast and save her daughter.

After her grandmother cajoled her alongside her mother, they all prayed and started looking for solution. There is no way they could get her daughter just because her husband divorced her. That is against their tradition in the village, the father is always the one who has right over that child and they can't cry to anyone in the village, no one can help them out of it.

After sometime, they brought up a solution and that is for Karima to go to the city and work hard to get money so she could close her co wife's mouth with it and it will help her get her daughter back. With so much determination, they called the woman that takes people to the city to work and she did her job just like any other time. She took Karima to Kano where she started working very hard in a restaurant.

When the King of that state tasted a food made by her, he summoned her boss and ask whether she could be his maid and she agreed because he paid her handsomely. After informing the woman who brought her, Karima was taken to the palace where she became the King's cook along with his children. They bonded up with the children though they hardly talk.

The King was very nice to her and when he proposed, she couldn't back down nor was she able to reject it. She was so in love that she forgot about her daughter and the reason why she was in the city in the first place. The marriage took place with her elders there and that was when it hits her that she was working to save her daughter.

Since she got married at age of fifteen, she gave birth at sixteen and he daughter is four years old now. The city people thought she is just a beautiful twenty year old who is working hard to get money.

She narrated her story to the King and he said he was going to help her. They called Mallam Muhammad but the man was stubborn and didn't agree to let his daughter go.

She was heartbroken and so she started taking care of the King's children like her own even though it was very difficult to take care of teenagers that don't even like talking to each other but she did her best which gained her a soft spot in their hearts.

The King proposed something huge and good to her which she didn't turn down, he asked her to continue schooling. She did finished her years of highschool and she wants to move on and study medicine which she did even when she got pregnant, she pushed herself to do that for her daughter. For one day, she will go and get her with her own power and will not need anybody's support.

It didn't happen! Mallam Muhammad was getting older whilst regretting ever letting his wife go so he kept the piece of them that continue to keep him sane when the world is against him. She looks exactly like his wife so why not hold onto her and look after her like her mother would?

Karima tried her last struck when she went to see him in the farm but the man didn't even look at her which made her mad and turn back to the King to ask for something.

She asked him to make sure no one gets married to her daughter and no one do anything ill to her especially her former cowife. He did like she asked and let the reason why she should not be married unknown to the people of the village though she didn't want her to marry there because she won't be able to take her under her roof if she is to get married in the village.

After more years, she finally get to see her daughter who looks exactly like her. Though she visits the village often to talk to her ex husband about her daughter and talk to her grandmother and mother -before they died- she didn't dare see her daughter. If she was to see her, she won't leave her in the village and that will cause immense problem around the whole village.

Shaddad, Harith, Suwaid, Asad, Yazid, Masrooq are not her children and only Imad is her son. When she got married to the King, his wife had died some years back and he didn't get married again till after meeting her. Those cousins of theirs were there all along and they were raised like brothers.

Even between the six children, not of them have the same mother and they let it closed since even the children don't ask about their mothers. One died while the other was divorced because of her cruel ways, that is all she heard about the Royal Palace of Kano State.

*****
Yoyoyoyo!
How are you all? Who guessed the story up there? Yes, it's about Falak's mother her Royal Majesty Queen Karima😅 yes, some of you are confusing the princes like her sons, they are not! And marriage between Falak and all the older princes is not prohibited! It's only marriage between her and Imad that is never possible and with this, I hope I have cleared everything that there is to clear in your heads. The chapter is short because I just had to post it, another will come soon and like every other one, it comes according to your support; votes and comments🌚.
RQ; Would you rather die 20 years without regrets or die 50years with a lot of regrets? I should die without regrets o, It doesn't matter how old I am😌 You?

Aishatu.

UNCOUTHLY ATTACHED On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara