UNCOUTHLY ATTACHED: 67.

Kano State, Nigeria.
2018.

Three weeks later, Madeeha started feeling frivolous and was so tired with the works she's been doing in her own father's house. She has no other choice but to do as her stepsisters ask her to. She do the dishes, cook, serve, wash their clothes, sweep the compound, wash toilets, go to every errand and make their beds. She was so tired and feels like running away but then again, where will she go if she leaves that house? No one was willing to listen to her after finding out what she's done.

She is a murderer and hardly sleeps well.

"Finish that and go wash my toilet." Her stepmother, Hajiya Saratu threw at her before going back into her room.

That has being her life for the past twenty three days. She will wake up in the morning, wash her own clothes, do the dishes they used the night before and then sweep the compound even without dirt. Sometimes her step siblings will get dirt and litter it all around just so she would sweep it and get herself tired with the backache that is disturbing her ever since she started working in the house.

She never thought she would go back home and work like she was doing. Back in the Palace, she has three maids and if she needs more, the Queen will send them. If she's wanted them to give bath to her, they would have done that but look at her now in her own father's home but she is a maid. She has become a maid, the maids she always rule and now her younger siblings are treating her like that maid. Life can be so cruel to crueler. And become arduous to beasts. Karma is a real bitch.

Regrets started pouring from every pore of her being. There was no need to let her jealous side get in the way when she was the one at fault right from the scratch. She never should've even thought about freedom after promising to love him for the rest of her life. What did the freedom do to her after she got it? It brought another woman to her husband's life and not any other woman, but a maid who was unknowingly the Princess's best friend back from their village. She fits into the Royal family perfectly like she was born Royal which had annoyed Madeeha because she has to go through etiquette lessons for a few weeks to fit in.

Now her husband hates her with his whole being. She heard that she has killed a baby which was never her intention. Her husband now loves another woman he found in her matrimonial home as she serves for her. Fikriyah never made her talk twice all the long while she worked for her. She was always obedient and respects her like she were her elder sister or something. Though she acts all bossy and mean, Fikriyah only smile and do what she is told even if she can't do it, she tries or ask her how to do such thing.

Madeeha sighed, she has just finished washing Hassana and Hussaina's clothes and went to wash her stepmother's bathroom but fell down due to the dizziness whizzing her. She was so tired of all the workloads they've been pressurizing on her and she can't help it anymore. Her strength has reached it's highest peak and since she hadn't worked in a long time, working too much was messing with her health.

"Pregnant?" She heard her mother's voice asked when she woke up from what felt like a nightmare of sleep.

"Yes, two months along." Another woman's voice whispered back to her mother making her confused at what is going on in her head.

"Thank you, doctor." She heard her mother thanked in a delighted voice.

"Wake up! You are going back to your husband's house. Go and pack your clothes." Her mother said in joy, making her confused before she explained what is going on to her.

She knew she has changed from the past three weeks and she could feel it. She found out that life isn't about rushing and killing. She won't gain anything by killing her co wife's child and she is asked to fast sixty by some scholars. She didn't do that to kill the baby, she did that to make her feel scared and not to have a miscarriage. Now that she is also pregnant, she wants to call for truce and hope they agree. She really has regretted her actions and has paid for them dearly.