AYR 16: SHADOWS

[PAULINE]

••••

1 notification received

••••

Open Notification?

Yes | No

••••

MISSION: UNKNOWN
START TIME: 8:00 AM

••••

Woah.

So ibig sabihin bukas kaagad ang next mission namin. Hindi man lang muna kami pinagpahinga.

Bukas rin ay malalaman na namin kung anong klaseng misyon ito. I hope this isn't a tough one.

Alam kong kailangan kong matulog ngayon dahil kailangan ko ng lakas para sa gagawin namin bukas but hindi ko alam kung bakit hindi ko 'yun magawa.

Nagdesisyon na lamang ako na pumunta sa labas. Dahan-dahan kong binuksan at sinara ang pinto upang walang magising dahil dito.

Malamig ang simoy ng hangin sa labas at napakalawak pala ng likurang bahagi ng bahay nila. Mayroon ditong pond at playground. May see-saw, slide at swing. Medyo luma na ito ngunit siguro ay ayos pa.

Umupo ako sa swing at dinama ang lamig ng hangin dito. Dapat pala ay nagdala ako ng jacket.

May nakita akong dalawang anino ng tao na lumabas mula sa bahay. Papunta ang mga ito sa kubo sa may harapang bahagi ng bahay.

Sino kaya ang mga iyon?

[SEB]

I can't sleep and I don't know why.

This may be because of the notification I received from the app, seconds earlier but I know that, that is not the sole reason to it.

I shifted to many different sleeping positions but heck, sleep isn't on my side right now.

I could also hear John's loud snores that reverbirates inside the room and that made it more difficult to fall asleep.

I suddenly remember Krissha. How is she right now. Is she okay?

She may be the typical chic stubborn girl but she's special to me. I can't help but worry about her every single damn time. I wanted to see her, but it's very alarming for a guy to barge inside the girls' room.

I need a breathe of fresh air.

I opened the closet to find my jacket for I know it is cold outside.

I slowly made my way out of the house but I stopped on my tracks when I saw a silhouette of a woman in front of the doorway. I already know who it is.

"Baby..." I called her while putting my arms around her. How I miss these warm hugs with her. How I miss the scent of her perfume. How I miss her.

"S-seb..." she flinched. That made me loosen my embrace and that caused her to escape from me.

"Krissha," I called her once again but to no avail. She just keep on walking towards the nipa hut.

"Krissha, please.." I begged her but still it was like she can't hear me.

She went inside the nipa hut and I followed her. I know that I'm being annoying at this point but I need to fix this. I need to fix us.

"Hey, baby, please let's talk." I begged her once again.

She faced me. I can't see anything on her face but full longingness. I know that she's also longing for me but fck I'm a jerk.

"Seb.." she called me. "We're... already over."

"No, K-krissha please don't say t-that" I said as my voice started to crack.

"You're a jerk!" she yelled at me. "We were happy, yeah we were, but you ruined it! You ruined it when you cheated on me."

I felt a warm liquid running down my cheeks. I can't see her now clearly as my eyes were filled with tears.

Yeah, it's my fault. I am a jerk for cheating on her with her bestfriend. I deserved all of this.

"I'm sorry, K-krissha," I said as tears welled up on my face. "I'm sorry. I love you, babe and I'm willing to do anything just to make you come back from me. Please babe, just.. give me a chance."

She was about to say something but she cried instead. I crossed the space between us as I enveloped my arms onto her.

We cried, together.

"I'm sorry Krissha. Please remember that I love you. I love you so damn much that I'm willing to dive the deepest ocean just to save you."

She chuckled. "That's corny."

"Yeah, I know it is but I'm damn serious when I said I love you." the tension between us was lifted. "Please Krissha, I love you, do you love me too?"

"Of course Seb, I love you but you hurt me."

"I'm sorry baby, I'm sorry for hurting you"

She was about to say something but wasn't able to do so when I locked our lips together. It was just a peck at first, but when she fought back, I deepened the kiss.

"I... love you," I said in between our kisses.

We stopped to get some air. I put my forehead over hers as I smiled.

"I love you too, Seb."

She couldn't resist me. I grinned with that thought. It looks like she understood my reaction, so she punched me on my arm.

"Ouch!" I acted hurt.

We laughed after that. I removed the jacket over me and put it on her. It was probably a good thing that I chose to bring a jacket with me.

She leaned on my shoulder as she whisphered something. "Thank you Seb, for not letting go of me."

I smiled because of what she said. I couldn't let her go. It was like I'll lose half of my self when I did that. I already did that before when I cheated on her, but I will never do it again.

Never again.

Silence echoed in the area. I could hear the calming sound of the crickets.

I looked at Krissha when she didn't move. She fall asleep on my shoulder.

Sleep tight, babe.

I will always be here.