Mary Saotome

THIRD PERSON POV:

"Mary!" (F/N) exclaimed happily as they ran towards their girlfriend and tackled her into a hug.

"H-hey! What's the matter with you?! L-let me go!" Mary yelled with an intense blush on her face. This was an every day thing for the two of them. (F/N) loved Mary, and they were not afraid to show it. Of course, Mary loved (F/N) just as much, maybe even a bit more than (F/N) loved her.

But Mary would never admit it. It'd be way too embarrassing for her, not to mention what (F/N)'s reaction would be.

As the two were walking down the hallway, Mary couldn't help but blush as she thought about what (F/N)'s reaction would be if Mary told (F/N) how much she actually loved them.

(F/N) noticed this. "Hey Mary, you okay? Your face is all red." (F/N) leaned in closer to Mary's face, making her blush even more. Mary pushed her away. "Would you quit it!? I'm fine so get out of my face!" Mary huffed and stomped ahead of (F/N).

(F/N) just chuckled and caught up with Mary, who was still blushing.

(F/N) just smiled once they caught up with Mary. Even though they were smiling on the outside, it kind of hurts them everytime Mary would yell at them. Of course (F/N) never mentioned this to Mary because they thought Mary wouldn't care, so they didn't say anything.

(F/N) was too busy with their thoughts that they didn't notice themselvesf slowly falling behind of Mary.

"Could you be any slower!? Hurry up!" Mary yelled as she yanked (F/N)'s wrist in her hand and dragged her to class, ignoring all of their complaints.

• • •

It was the middle of the day. It was free period, so Mary and (F/N) were now sitting at a table in the cafeteria, along with Ryota and Yumeko.

Yumeko, (F/N), and Ryota were chatting happily while Mary just sat there, scowling at the three of them.

It's not like Mary had anything against Yumeko or Ryota, she just got jealous very easily. She didn't like that (F/N) was talking to those two instead of her.

(F/N) saw her scowling and tilted her head cutely. "Are you okay, Mary? You seem angry." Mary tensed at hearing (F/N)'s voice. "Why're you so nosy!? Can't you just leave me alone for once?!"

Mary instantly regretted those words. She felt terrible when she saw (F/N) shrink back in their seat, frowning slightly.

Not only did Mary want to go over there and give (F/N) the biggest hug ever, but she also wanted to apologize for yelling.

The only reason Mary gets so defensive every time (F/N) talks to her is because she loved them so much. Mary loved (F/N) so much it hurt.

Once free period was over, everyone returned back to class. (F/N) didn't walk back to class with Mary like they usually did. Instead, they walked back with Ryota and Yumeko, who were doing their best to comfort them.

"I'm sure Mary's just having a bad day, that's all", Ryota said as they were making their way back to class, without Mary.

"Yea, maybe that's it." Yumeko said, then suddenly jumped up with excitement.

"I know! Let's have a sleepover~! That should cheer you up, right (F/N)?" Yumeko asked as she turned to (F/N).

(F/N) smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of their head with their hand.

"I'm sorry Yumeko, but I can't. I'm pretty busy this weekend." (F/N) responded.

Yumeko pouted. "Oh, that's okay! I hope you feel better, (F/N)." And with that, they split ways.

• • •

It was now the end of the day. Most of the students had already left.

(F/N) was in an empty classroom gathering theit things, but jumped when they heard the door slam shut. They panicked, but quickly calmed down when she saw that it was just Mary.

"Why'd you slam the door? You nearly gave me a heart attack." (F/N) said, putting a hand over the spot where their heart was to feel it beating rapidly.

Mary didn't say anything as she made her way over to (F/N), slamming her hands down on their desk, making (F/N) jump again.

"Why didn't you walk back to class with me today?" She asked, making direct eye contact with (F/N) .

"Oh, I walked back with Ryota and Yumeko. I wanted to give you a minute to cool off first." (F/N) said with a smile, making Mary blush but quickly turned her head away so (F/N) couldn't see it.

"You still could've walked with me, you know..." Mary mumbled.

The reason Mary was here in the first place is that so she can apologize for yelling at (F/N) earlier. She didn't mean for that to happen, she just didn't like it when (F/N) pointed out her scowling in front of Yumeko and Ryota.

Instead of apologizing, Mary continued to rant on about (F/N), to their face.

Mary kept going on about how (F/N) 'liked' Yumeko. She also said something about (F/N) never minding her own business. Mary also went on about how she wouldn't be surprised if (F/N) cheated on her with Yumeko.

(F/N) was done.

As Mary went to open her mouth for another insult, (F/N) raised their hand and slapped Mary clean across her face, making her stumble back a bit.

"WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM MARY?!"

Not only did (F/N) slap Mary, but she also started to cry.

"W-w-why do you t-t-treat me like this? Is it because you want to break up? Is that it?"

Mary was panicking.

Not because (F/N) had slapped her, but because she made (F/N) cry.

Mary was supposed to apologize to (F/N), but she only made things worse.

Without thinking, Mary rushed over and gave (F/N) the tightest hug ever.

She hid her face in (F/N)'s shoulder and loosened her grip on them.

"I...I'm really s-sorry. I'm sorry I yelled at you, and I'm s-sorry for getting so jealous earlier. The only reason I got so mad is..."

Mary mumbled something but (F/N) couldn't hear what she said.

(F/N) wiped away their tears and looked down at Mary.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you."

Mary mumbled again.

(F/N) tilted their head. "You're gonna have to speak up, Mary.

"I SAID I LOVE YOU, DAMMIT!"

Both (F/N) and Mary froze.

Mary's whole head was red. She tried to nuzzle deeper into (F/N)'s shoulder, but yelped when (F/N) cupped both sides of her face and kissed her. They pulled away, smiling.

"Aww~! Mary, you're adorable~"

"D-don't call me that!"

The ending was a bit rushed.