I Hate Spiders

(Y/N) Pov

I hate spiders, most people that know me think it's weird that I like snakes but that I despise spiders, but snakes are beautiful, dangerous but still beautiful while spiders are just horrible, and here I am, in the middle of the night following a bunch of these tiny disgusting animals.

(A/N: I'm sorry if you like spiders.)

Harry: Come on.

Ron: What?

It was safe to say that Ron was as disgusted as I was, apparently he also didn't like spiders.

Harry: You heard what Hagrid said, "Follow the spiders."

(Y/N): Yes, we heard, that doesn't mean we want or like to do it.

Ron: She has a point. Beside they're heading to the Dark Forest. Why spiders?

Harry ignored our words and continued walking, leaving us no choice but to follow him, I may hate spiders but this was better than getting caught by Professor Snape while trying to sneak in the dungeons which would happen if I didn't stick with Harry since he had the invisibility cloak.

(Y/N): Yes, why couldn't it be "Follow the snakes"?

Ron: Or butterflies. Snakes scare me.

I rolled my eyes at that, of course he was scared of snakes, I remembered all the times he would flinch when Hades got close to him and almost laughed. We followed the spiders carefully to the Dark Forest.

(Y/N): You know, the Dark Forest is actually quite pleasant, I meant it's quiet and the moonlight makes it look quite beautiful.

Both boys looked at me like I was crazy, they're were both on edge looking out for something that could jump at us but I was just relaxed, this place didn't scare me, the only things making me uncomfortable was not knowing what we would find once we followed the spiders to were they were taking us.

Ron and Harry were careful to not step on any of the tiny animals at our feet, I just stayed a couple of steps behind the duo  were there weren't any of them, the last thing I wanted was one of those creatures crawling up my leg or something like that, just thinking about it made a shiver run down my spine.

Ron: Harry, I don't like this. Harry I don't like this at all.

(Y/N): Oh yeah? Join the club.

Harry: Shush.

I was about to tell him to go to hell, but we found what looked to be a tunnel.

Ron: Can we go back now?

Harry: Come on.

(Y/N): Nope, there's no way I'm going there. And if you try to force me to get in, I swear to God that I'll hex you.

I was about to grab my wand when Harry grabbed my arm and reached it before I could grab it and hex him, he tucked my wand in his pocket and dragged me inside the tunnel.

(Y/N): I'm going to kill you.

When we got to the other side, the only thing there, was branches.

Voice: Who is it?

I had a bad feeling about this, I was almost certain that something was about to happen and I'm almost never wrong.

Harry: Don't panic.

Voice: Hagrid? Is that you?

(Y/N): Please tell me that's not what I think it is.

Harry: We're friends of Hagrid's. And you? You're... You're Aragog, aren't you?

Aragog: Yes.

I kept a calm demeanor but I was freaking out inside, in front of me was a giant spider staring at us with big eyes, I'm so going to kill Harry when we get the hell out of here.

Aragog: Hagrid has never sent men into our hollow before.

"I wonder why", that's what I wanted to say but I restrained myself from doing it, I just wanted to get out of here and I doubt that me doing sarcastic comments will help me achieve that.

Harry: He's in trouble. Up at the school, there have been attacks. They think it's Hagrid.

Harry was doing all the talking, Ron and I were just looking around, finding ourselves surrounded by spiders slightly smaller than Aragog but still giant.

Harry: They think he opened the Chamber of Secrets, like before.

Aragog: That's a lie! Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets.

That we all know, only Harry seems to not believe that, I tried to get his attention to the fact that we were surrounded but he simply shrugged me off.

Harry: Then you're not the monster?

I'm starting to think that Harry needs new glasses, he may be having a conversation with Aragog but the other spiders aren't that interested in that, they may be moving from place to place but they were ready to pounce on us any minute now, and he doesn't even notice that, seriously, I knew this was a bad idea, who in their right mind follows a bunch of spiders in the dead of the night and thinks something isn't going to go wrong.

Aragog: No. The monster was born in the castle. I came to Hagrid from a distant land in the pocket of a traveler.

Ron: Harry...

Harry: Shush.

(Y/N): I would listen to him, we're in serious trouble here.

Harry: I said shush, I know what I'm doing.

He went back to staring at Aragog, I really wished I had my wand rignt now, he keeps putting  our life's in risk and doesn't even pay attention when someone is telling him that there's something wrong, no everything has to go how he wants.

Harry: But if you're not the monster, then what did kill that girl 50 years ago?

Aragog: We do not speak of it. It is an ancient creature we spiders fear above all others.

Were can I get one of those, cause by the looks of the situation we're in, we're going to need that ancient creature.

Harry: But have you seen it?

Aragog: I never saw any part of the castle, but the box in wich Hagrid kept me. The girl was discovered in a bathroom. When I was accused, Hagrid brought me here.

Ron/(Y/N): Harry....

Harry: What?

I could hear the annoyance in his voice but I didn't care, what I did care about was my life and if he didn't listen to us this time, I'm going to knocked him out cause I'm not about to die because he didn't want to listen to our warnings.

Thankfully he actually listened to us this time, Ron pointed up, while I pointed to the sides, a lot of spiders descending from the ceiling and others coming out from their hiding place.

Harry: Well, thank you. We'll just go.

Aragog: Go? I think not. My sons and daughters do not harm Hagrid on my command, but I cannot deny them fresh meat when it wanders so willingly into our midst. Goodbye, friends of Hagrid.

Ron: Can we panic now?

Harry gave me back my wand and grabbed it tight, my brain rushing to find a spell that could work.

Ron: Know any spells?

(Y/N): One, but it's not powerful enough for all of them, I'm trying to think of something else.

Harry: Why did we bring you along if you can't even remember a spell that could help us?!

(Y/N): Well, next time listen to my warnings and maybe something like this won't happen.

.............................................................

Word Count: 1234