Train Ride

(Y/N) Pov

As soon as we passed the entrance of the Manor we were almost tackled to the ground by Narcissa, she let out a relieved sigh.

Narcissa: I'm so glad you are both okay.

She knew about the attack, Lucius must have told her, she also knew that we weren't going to be assaulted but that didn't make her worry any less, seeing us out with a smile so we could enjoy The Quidditch World Cup the best we could but deep inside dying with worries, praying that we would come back alive seeing as happen do happen in the middle of such chaos.

She hugged us once more and lead us to the living room where hot cups of tea were waiting.

Narcissa: Drink. It will help you sleep tonight.

We didn't talk much, I guess still a bit shaken by what we had just witnessed, even though that mark on the sky was nothing less than beautiful to me, knowing that I could've stumbled upon any of my friends laying on the floor almost dead haunted me. We drank the tea and anything after that was a blur in my mind, I don't remember falling asleep or even going to my room, I just remember waking up on my bed with a much calmer mind than before. Narcissa opened the door, a gentle smile on her face.

Narcissa: You're awake, good.

(Y/N): What happened?

Narcissa: I put a spell on the tea, to help you sleep better. I hope you aren't mad at me about it, I just thought you'd need the rest.

(Y/N): I could never be mad at you, besides you are right, I did need the rest and I'm sure I couldn't get it without the spell you put on the tea, so I'm nothing more than grateful.

Narcissa: I'm glad, breakfast is on the table, come down when you're ready.

She gave me a soft kiss on the forehead, the way she was always gentle and motherly towards me was one of the best feelings I've ever had.

The man that helped me find Draco being the same as my dreams, there's no doubt that they're not some simple dreams, somethings going on, a connection of sorts, which means my fathers return is just a matter of time, I wonder if he's followers can feel it, but something outshined that thought, today we'll be going back to Hogwarts and according to Lucius, Dumbledore will be hosting the Triwizard Tournament this year.

To be honest, I don't understand why people want to participate, I mean why would people risk their lives or at least risk getting injured for just a cup, 1000 galleons, and eternal glory, Draco of course was dying to participate in it but I don't think it was because of two of the prizes, I think it was because of the thrill to win and be known for such esteem.

The breakfast this morning was the same as the one from every other start of the school year, Lucius telling us to lay low, which I don't will happen, Narcissa telling us to pay attention to our classes and don't cause trouble, as soon it was finished we packed our trunks with this year's supplies, I was excited to see Uncle Snape every day again, he stopped by once and a while over the summer but Dumbledore had him and some other teachers working on the arrangements for the event, to say he was annoyed was an understatement.

Lucius and Narcissa took us to the platform, as usual, it was swarm with parents running looking to say their goodbyes or delivering things their sons forgot. I gave both figures in front of me a tight hug.

Narcissa: Please be careful this year, things happened on your other ones and it was just Hogwarts students there, this year there will be outside students, if anything happens tell us, we'll do something about it, okay?

Lucius: She's right, I don't care how unnecessary you both think it is, right now, no care it's too little.

We nodded, the seriousness in both their voices making us understand that something that will happen is going to cause a drastic change in things from here on forward. We said our goodbyes and found an empty compartment, I sat beside Draco and hugged him.

(Y/N): We'll be okay, right?

Draco: Of course. Don't worry, if something does happen we'll figure it out together, I'll never leave you.

I cuddled into him, still exhausted from yesterday, sleep coming over me, I could hear the door open and Hermione's voice but I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes.
.............................................................

Once I woke up, we were halfway to the castle, Hermione was reading a book with her head on Blaise's shoulder, he was talking to Draco, who gave me a smile when he noticed I was awake, I heard the trolley cart, so I got up and got some money.

(Y/N): Do you guys want anything?

Blaise: Can you get us two chocolate frogs and some licorice? I'll give you the money.

He went to reach into his bag but I stopped him.

(Y/N): There's no need for that. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't even buy you guys some sweets besides I have more money than I could ever spend, so really there's no need.

Draco: I'll go with you, love.

The lady was two compartments before ours, we walked towards the cart, a not, clearly older with brown hair looked at me, and smiled, I didn't say or do anything back but I could feel Draco tense from beside me.

Lady: Anything from the trolley, dear?

(Y/N): Yes, four chocolate frogs, some licorice, and some Bertie Bott's, please.

I gave the lady a nice smile, I felt like I was being watched and I didn't need to look in the direction to know who it was, the brown-haired boy, while waiting for the woman to give us our things, Draco turned me to him and kissed me, I knew it was to get the boy to look away but I wasn't complaining, I loved kissing him, we separated and I could still feel the stare.

Lady: Here you are, dears. You two make such a cute couple.

I smiled at the nice lady once again, grabbing the sweets and handing her the money, a hand stopped me making me glare.

Boy: Here let me.

The boy reached into his pocket and was about to give money to the trolley lady, paying for my sweets.

(Y/N): I don't know who you are, or who you think you are but I'm quite capable of paying for my sweets, I don't need your money.

Draco: Besides she has me, so I suggest you back the hell of.

By now the lady had taken my money and went back to ask if anyone wanted anything, but most of them were interested in what was happening with us, Hermione and Blaise coming out from the compartment to also see what was going on.

Hermione: Is everything alright here?

Draco: Yes, just an upperclassman that doesn't know how to take a hint.

Draco was glaring, his eyes held a dangerous glint, his hands itching to grab the wand in his suit pocket.

Boy: I'm Cedric Diggory. What's your name?

(Y/N): My name doesn't matter, what does matter is that I'm not interested, and I already have a boyfriend so why don't you leave us alone, yes?

I didn't even wait for him to answer, I just grabbed Draco's hand and turned around. That just ruined my whole mood, toxic masculinity and people that don't know how to take a hint piss me off, what a great way to start the year, I pray to everything that is sacred that I won't have to deal with him again or I might lose my patience.

.............................................................

Word Count: 1333