Hermione

(Y/N) Pov

Next Day

Gryffindor had a match against Hufflepluff, so Draco and I were making our way to the stands so we could watch the match and maybe make fun of some of the players, only to find out that the game was canceled.

When we heard that we decided to go back to our Common Room and pull some pranks but we got stopped by Professor McGonagall, she was with Harry and Ron, judging by the look on her face something must have happened.

McGonagall: I need you two to come with me, there's something you all need to see.

Draco and I followed her, it's not like we had a choice anyway, the way we were making was the way to the Medical Wing.

McGonagall: I warn you. This could be a little bit of a shock.

(Y/N): What do you mean, Professor?

My question was answered as we stopped in front of a bed. Hermione was laying on it, unmoving, this sight made my eyes fill with tears but I didn't let them run down my face, at least not with all this people around, Draco was as shocked as I was but he grabbed my hand and rubbed it with his thumb.

(Y/N): What happened?

McGonagall: She was found near the library, along with this. Does it mean anything to any of you?

I shook my head after seeing the mirror in McGonagall's hands, I could see Ron and Draco doing the same.

Harry: No.

Professor McGonagall and Madam Pompfrey left us alone, I didn't really care about the fact that they left the four of us all alone, no, not when I had just found out that my friend was  petrified.

Harry: This is all your fault, this happened to her because she decided to hang around you snakes.

(Y/N): Says the toxic friend that doesn't respect her privacy and gets mad when she doesn't do what you want, I can still remember how you grabbed her arm, you're even worse than us, I don't think snakes can be as toxic as you are.

He stayed there for a while, trying to think of a comeback, but he couldn't think of one so he left, Ron following him like a lost puppy, don't get me wrong, I think Ron is a good person but he is blind when it comes to Harry, Hermione was like that but she soon realized that he wasn't as good as she though he was.

As soon as they left, I approached her bed and grabbed her outstretched hand, I felt my tears running down my face and Draco's arms wrapping themselves around me.

We just stayed there in silence, hugging each other in comfort, trying to calm down each other's sadness, until Madam Pompfrey appeared and told us to go to our Common Room, apparently there's going to be a announcement, we did just that but not without a heavy heart.

Snape got to our Common Room at the same time we did, so we quickly sat down.

Snape: Attention. Because of recent events, these new rules will be put into effect immediately: "All students will return to their house Common Rooms by 6:00 every evening. All students will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No exceptions". Unless the culprit behind these attacks is caught it is likely the school will be closed.

We were all silent, I didn't want to admit but I was scared, if Hogwarts closes I will have to go back to the Dursley's and if that wasn't enough I would have to put up with Harry all the time.

After some time, I decided that I wasn't going to just sit down and wait for all of this to end, I'm going to find the person who is behind these attacks, I went up to my room to think of who could it be, Hades made his way to me seeing how stressed I was, he slithered up from my arm to my neck and rubbed his head on my cheek.

Nox was making noises near the window, so I went to her only to find her with a letter. I grabbed it and opened it.

Dear (Y/N)

It seems like we're going to be meeting face to face sooner than you thought. You already know my name but do you know who I am to you? Will you be able to find out before we meet, I wonder. See you soon.

                                     T. M. R
...................................................

My mind was a mess, today was a disaster, first I found out that Hermione got petrified, then the news that Hogwarts might be closing, and now this letter, everything seemed like it was crumbling down and I didn't know what to do about it, I came here to think of who the culprit behind the attacks was because I said I wasn't just going to sit down and do nothing but I couldn't focus on that right now, I felt like I was walking in circles, like I already knew the answers to my questions but I didn't want to see them.

At least my previous theory that the owner of that journal was the same person that was sending me letters and gifts, was right, but what about everything else, will I really be able to figure all of this out.

I almost slapped myself when I realized what I was doing, I was starting to doubt myself, it was 0 it was just a little but I still did it, and that's not good, that's not who I am, I'm going to find out who the culprit is, I'm going to find out who I really am, and nothing will be stopping me from doing it, not mind, nor anything else.

.............................................................

(A/N)

Hey guys, this chapter is a little shorter than the others, sorry about that. Thanks for the support.

Word Count: 997