Teamwork

(Y/N) Pov

Dumbledore sent Hagrid on his behalf and a fake Death Eater
to convince the giants and make it seem like the Death Eaters were finally being moved, even though no one knew Father was back, it didn't matter which one of the two succeeded because either way the giants would fight for Dumbledore whether they knew it or not.

Blaise: Death Eaters?

You could hear Blaise's confusion from a mile away, he looked at us and a subtle shake of our heads told him everything he needed to know.

Hagrid: Yes. Trying to persuade them to join You-Know-Who. To fight for him once he's back.

I was concerned about this information, if this got out chaos would surely ensue, the people would be even more terrified of Death Eaters and would eat up anything that came from Dumbledore's mouth, and no one would believe anything we showed to prove that Father was innocent, a victim of Dumbledore's power play.

Hermione: And did they?

Hagrid: I gave them Dumbledore's message. Suppose some of them remember he was friendly to them. I suppose.

Hagrid sighed and seeing the disappointment he felt for possibly failing his mission, he continued to put the cold piece of meat on his face in an attempt to soothe the aching pain of his fresh bruises.

(Y/N): Did they do that to you?

Hagrid: Not exactly, no.

Fang started barking at him, eyes set on the bloody piece of meat.

Hagrid: Oh, go on, you have it, then, you dozy dog.

Hagrid threw the meat at Fang with a sigh, before adjusting in his chair, suddenly the wind started to pick up outside.

We all moved to the window, seeing the weather get worse and worse by the second.

Hagrid: It's changing out there. That is never a good sign. There's a storm coming, children. We'd all best be ready for when she does, even if we don't know what or who it brings.

Lightning could be seen cracking from far away, the sound of it being heard from miles and miles away. Something was definitely happening, and by the looks of it, it wasn't something good.

...................Timeskip................

Our suspicions were confirmed by the announcement the Ministry made about 10 high-security prisoners having escaped from Azkaban. This led to me frantically writing a letter to Father and Lucius, unsure if this was one of our moves or one of Dumbledore's.

The whole ordeal was blamed on Sirius, unsurprisingly so, I sighed before grabbing another piece of parchment from my table, and writing another letter for Professor Lupin, despite the way our last encounter ended, mostly due to Sirius, I still wished to know how the two of them were taking the news/ lies the Ministry was spreading to justify the fact that they had 10 high-profile prisoners on the loose.

I got up from my desk and stretched my back, hearing it crack a little, I went to the Common Room and just snuggled up to Draco who was in a conversation with Blaise.

He kissed my head and continued their argument, I could feel my eyes closing due to his hand playing with my hair, the heat from his body and from the fireplace leaving me in a comfortable place, before I knew it my eyes closed into a deep slumber.

...................Timeskip................

I woke up the next day still in Draco's arms as we cuddled on the sofa, I got up and woke him up with a kiss before leaving to freshen up for the day.

I met him downstairs again sometime later, Blaise now with us.

Blaise: Everything is ready for today.

(Y/N): Fred and George managed to get what they needed to make a distraction?

Draco: Yeah they sent us a note yesterday, after you fell asleep.

(Y/N): That's good, we will do it after breakfast, most people will still be in the Great Hall.

We joined the others, I nodded to Fred and George and received a thumbs up in return, a mischievous grin on both their faces.

Breakfast went as usual, so not to raise any suspicions, after we were done I discreetly gave the twins a thumbs-up. We all made our way up the floors of the castle. The twins went to set up everything as we hid ourselves in one of the vacant rooms.

Fireworks were heard a few seconds later, I looked outside the door and saw Dumbledore and McGonagall going after the twins, Hermione took my broom from the bottomless bag she had previously hidden in the room.

I quickly mounted it and went through one of the windows, rapidly flying up to the balcony that Headmaster Black had mentioned in his journal, before casting the Disillusionment Charm to hide from the portraits of the previous Headmasters and Headmistresses, and opened the door, making sure to keep on the map in case Dumbledore came up.

I quickly searched his desk, trying to find anything incriminating. Letters or something he forgot to get rid of, I grabbed some things that seemed useful and made copies before putting the originals back where they were, making more than one copy just as a precaution.

I looked back at the map seeing his name moving up to where I was, I quickly looked around again and at the last minute grabbed the copy I made of something that looked like a payment sheet to people didn't recognize.

I heard footsteps and quickly went to the balcony once again and got out of there before joining the others where I left them earlier. We didn't say anything, not wanting the risk of being heard, we chatted on our way to the Scriptorium I could see the anxiety in their eyes as we walked to the only place we wouldn't be heard.

Draco: So?

Blaise: How did it go?

(Y/N): I got copies of everything I thought was useful.

Hermione: Great, now we need to look through them.

Helena: Well we best get comfortable then.

..................................................

Word Count: 1012