Changes

(A/N: Have you guys played Hogwarts Legacy? I'm obsessed, but I haven't been playing a lot since I don't have much free time, but it's so good!!! Hope you guys had a good week)

(Y/N) Pov

It took a while for them to leave, but their worry made me feel warm, it showed that they cared, it was exhausting but nice nonetheless.

The morning passed quickly, and before I realized it was time for lunch, but it seems like it wouldn't be a relaxing event either as the voices of Professor McGonagall argued with Umbridge.

Umbridge: Pardon me, Professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?

McGonagall: I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students...you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices.

McGonagall sounded extremely pissed, most people wouldn't think so but once you pay attention it was quite recognizable, and I wouldn't want to be the person facing that woman's wrath, she might be very kind but she's also scary when she wants to be.

Umbridge: So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom Minerva.

The pink b*tch climbed up a step, making herself stand above Professor McGonagall.

McGonagall: Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods.

I had to put a hand on my mouth to stop myself from laughing, hiding my head in Draco's neck as a breathy laugh left my mouth making a few heads turn trying to find the source of the sound.

Umbridge: I am sorry, dear. But to question my practices is to question the Ministry...

I rolled my eyes at that, using the Ministry as an excuse, as a defense for her barbaric way of detention. Always making sure to mention them any time she can so other people won't continue the discussion.

Umbridge: and by extension, the minister himself. I am a tolerant woman but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty.

Professor McGonagall went down a step seeming shocked at the other woman's choice of words.

McGonagall: Disloyalty.

Umbridge took Professor McGonagall's shock as an opportunity to go up another step and turned towards us.

Umbridge: Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action.

.................Timeskip..................

It didn't even pass more than a few days and change was all over Hogwarts. Right now Mr. Filch was hanging a frame with a Proclamation naming Umbridge as Hogwarts High Inquisitor. This was it, what Father told us about, they were keeping Dumbledore in check, with the Minister's suspicion that Dumbledore wanted to take his job it was only a matter of time till they took action.

Putting that toad as a Professor was step one, and making sure she became High Inquisitor was step two, but they weren't done yet, I knew they weren't I could feel it.

The Daily Post was all over this subject releasing newspaper after newspaper with Umbridge's picture on it, talking all about how the Ministry was seeking educational reform, the picture on it having been taken at Hogwarts only the day before, I remembered seeing the reporters and the flashes of the cameras, the way Umbridge face twitched only a tiny bit at the question about Dumbledore.

The other newspapers talked about the parent's support of this decision, clearly not knowing how she was tutoring their children, and how the Minister was putting education on the front line.