Some Me Time

(Y/N) Pov

I left the cupboard after that, and everyone looked at me, not expecting me to abruptly leave after a few seconds. The door opened and Uncle passed through it, he has the best timing ever, like for real, every time I need him or I'm not feeling okay he appears.

I went towards him when Rita Skeeter joined us in that room, she was clearly shaken up because of what I had told her but once she saw that all eyes were on her she became mad, or tried to look mad.

Rita: You can't just storm out like a spoiled brat. You still have to complete the interview, and you didn't answer my question.

I got close to her before Uncle could stop me.

(Y/N): Listen to me b*tch, I'm going to walk away before I do something I won't regret but that it's going to upset the people that care about me and don't try to drag me into doing that interview cause I won't, don't think I don't know how that quill of yours works and your little buzzing secret, I'm leaving now.

I backed up and started to walk in Uncle's direction again, he had moved and was right behind me, she tried to grab my arm but her hand was swatted away by him, everyone else in the room was so confused.

Uncle: Miss Riddle has already informed you of her desire to not participate in these interviews, and before you tell me she has to participate no she doesn't, she has my permission to leave, since I'm the Head of her House I can dismiss her whenever I please and it seems like you said something that upset my student, so after all that I would think and choose your words wisely.

The women just stood there dumbfounded, the other champions were shocked about the whole thing but they won't be for long, Uncle and I just left, I could hear her mutter things under her breath but I didn't even give myself the trouble of turning around to argue with her, we were both very clear in what we said.

(Y/N): Thanks, Uncle.

Uncle: It is quite alright, I know exactly how she works and it was upsetting me to know that you would have to deal with her, I mean I know you wouldn't let her talk about you in a way that you don't like, I was worried but I also know that you could've handled it on your own.

(Y/N): Yes, but I would've ended up hitting her cause she was trying my patience, besides I like it when we team up. It's an Uncle/Niece combo.

He let out a little laugh before saying the password to the Slytherin Common Room.

(Y/N): Am I not supposed to go back to classes?

Uncle: No. You were dismissed from them because of the interview and I dismissed you from the interview. I guess both dismissals work together, besides I'll give you a teacher's slip, in case Dumbledore says something.

There was no one in the Common Room which meant quiet time for me, something I don't get a lot. I hugged Uncle before he left, I wanted him to stay, we could do a reading session as we did in the summer but I know he has paperwork to get done and classes to teach.

I quickly went upstairs and switched to comfier casual clothes, picked up my favorite books, some snacks, and drinks from the mini-fridge that was in my dorm room, went back downstairs, and made myself comfy on the couch by the fireplace, anyone who entered now would be so confused but I didn't care, it was my time.

I sat there for hours, completely unbothered, just reading my favorite book, suddenly a voice was heard and it wasn't someone entering the Common Room or upstairs in their dorms, it sounded like Parseltongue but it was too low for me to make out what it was saying, so I got up and tried to follow its source, don't ask me why cause I don't know either especially since the curious ones are almost always the first ones to die in horror movies.

I followed the voice, I ended up near a wall with Salazar Slytherin's moving portrait, I had seen and passed by this place before, it would be quite hard not to pass through it, seeing as it is near the stairs to the dorms, as I got closer the voice got lower and lower, almost as a whisper, I stopped right in front of the portrait, I could hear the whisper coming from behind the wall, I looked around, I didn't know how I was going to reach the source of the voice, there was nothing in sight that could help me figure it out and it's not like I can make a hole on the wall.

I looked at the portrait again, he was looking at me, his eyes as if evaluating me, seeing if I was worthy enough of being his heir, I was expecting him to scowl at me just like he does to every student that dare look his way, but he did nothing of the sorts, I was losing my patience until I saw a familiar symbol on the frame of his portrait, it was the symbol on the faucet that later revealed to be an entrance to the Chamber of Secrets, I pressed it and said a few words in Parseltongue.

The man on the portrait gave me a nod in approval before the wall moved to show me a room that was very well preserved despite the fact that it probably hasn't been opened in quite a while, the room displayed Slytherin's proud colors, a fireplace, a lot of bookshelves, potion stands, in a way it was almost like another version of the Common Room but older looking.

The voice returned and when I looked I found a beautiful snake looking at me, she was big, like really big but she didn't seem dangerous at least not to me, I stayed put not knowing what was happening.

She came to me a did a tiny head now, kinda like what Hades did when we first met.

Snake: Mistress. I'm Asmodeus, I was your ancestor's snake, I thought his bloodline had come to an end, but the opening of the Chamber fifty years ago told me otherwise, but that person never found this room, and there was no other trace of my Master's bloodline, until now. I couldn't smell you before due to the number of smells in the same room, but I could smell your blood this time around.

Okay, what the f*ck is happening, and where the hell am I?

.........................................................................

Word Count: 1142