Prophecies

(Y/N) Pov

In the blink of an eye, I was standing in one of the Ministry's fireplaces, and the warm comforting feeling of the flames no longer touching me, only the coldness of the room.

Uncle: Let's hurry. We need to get that prophecy first.

Uncle took off in the direction of the elevator, and we all grabbed our wands tightly, the feeling of danger hung over our heads. The elevator went down and the tense atmosphere only intensified.

Uncle: This is it. Now, the prophecy is our top priority, since the room is massive we have no choice but to split up, when you happen to encounter Harry and Ron do not use attack spells, since we don't want any trouble. Use defensive spells and try to immobilize or disarm them, I will deal with them later. If Dumbledore's goonies get here do not engage in combat, they are more experienced, find an opening, create a distraction, outsmart them, and run away.

We all nodded and walked through the long corridor, I gave them all an encouraging smile despite the anxiety running through my veins as the door opened.

(Y/N): Lumos.

The tip of my wand lit up as we entered the darkness of the room. The shelves around us were packed with dusty crystal balls, we all spared each other a glance before we each took a separate path in search of the two boys.

As I walked my paranoia grew, the feeling of being watched creeping up on me as some light in the distance caught my attention, I knew it was not the others as we just separated.

(Y/N): Nox.

I kept the round of my footsteps low as I tried to approach said light, it was much harder without my wand lighting up my path but much safer since I didn't know who I would find once I reached my destination, only knowing that it would be a foe.

The sound of my rapid heartbeat overwhelming my senses.

Ron: This one has your and (Y/N)'s names on it.

I squinted my eyes as I silently approached the duo, Harry's hand reaching for what seemed to be a small crystal ball.

(Y/N): Immobulus.

The two boys were swiftly frozen before they could grab the prophecy. I ran up to them and grabbed it before putting it in the hidden bag I had with me.

(Y/N): Incarcerous!

The two boys were now bound and gagged, the freezing charm still doing his job so Harry's shouts didn't even get a chance to be heard.

I quickly ran away from them, trying to find Uncle or any of the others so we could leave, the prophecy in my bag making me feel ten times heavier, as the stress of it made me slow down. I contemplated on hearing the prophecy now, it would make me lose time but if something happened at least I heard it.

I hesitantly pulled it out of my bag as I hid the best I could amongst the immense amount of shelves.

Voice: The one with the power to defeat evil approaches. The one that can help clear things, to get justice approaches. A fight shall take place, brother and sister, or as they were made to believe. Right and wrong, death shall take a soul with him. The person in the shadows will rejoice till the truth comes forth.

The glowing swirling mist in the crystal ball stopped as it lost its shine, I put it back in the bag before continuing to run, the words I just heard taking their place in my mind. Death shall take a soul with him. The person in the shadows is clearly Dumbledore, for him to rejoice about it, I would have to be the one to die, after all, Harry is his precious puppet.

It seems like the person who informed Father hadn't misheard it, I would die but Dumbledore would go down, which is probably why he wanted the prophecy in the first place, to know if he was successful or not.

My eyes, now adjusted to the darkness, caught sight of a shiny mask in the distance, a mask I had seen before, the mask that the people who caused chaos at the Quidditch World Cup wore.

I cursed under my breath before taking a sharp right, as they had gotten here earlier than I expected. As I looked back before a hand clasped itself on my forearm pulling me toward them.

Lucius: Let's go.

I let out a sigh of relief as the figure of my godfather appeared in front of me.

(Y/N): I have the prophecy. Or at least I think this is what Dumbledore wants, Harry was going for it but I managed to grab it first.

Lucius: Good, but we must hurry. We need to find the others and leave. Bellatrix and the others are here as well.

(Y/N): Wait, how did you know we were here?

He flicked my head before pulling me in another path.

Lucius: Severus, of course. You really need to start telling us everything you're doing, (Y/N). Thankfully Severus was with you, children, but even now things can take a turn for the worse. Trying to take Bellatrix Lestrange and her minions by yourselves is suicide.

I lowered my head, knowing he was right, with everything it didn't even cross my mind to let them know where we would be going or what we would be facing, I can only imagine how worried they would be once they heard or if something happened to us and they only heard about it when it was too late.

But this was not the time to think about it as laughter echoed all around us and Bellatrix appeared between two of the many rows of shelves.

Bellatrix: Hand me the prophecy, girl. You're getting yourself in things you shouldn't.

(Y/N): I'd rather break it than hand it to you.

Bellatrix: Oh, I see you want to play. Lucius, good to see you, too bad you are on the losing side. Itty, bitty baby. Malfoy.

Lucius drew his wand from the handle of his cane, raising it and aiming at Bellatrix.

Bellatrix: I see. Then let's start, shall we? I needed one of you to get the prophecy, after all, they can only be retrieved by whom they are made, but now I can just get it out of your cold body, so maybe I'll start with you, you filthy half-blood.

As she talked, Lucius and I were surrounded by other fake Death Eaters. Even if we managed to take out two or three we would still be attacked by the others. So how exactly are we getting out of this mess?

..................................................

Word Count: 1136