2

The people around me began to scream and try and fight back the wolves.

"No, stop it! Wait! Stop this!" I screamed as the wolves continuously, ran into the people ripping them to shreds, at the man's command.

"No! No!" I yelled as Eddie had managed to get into my lap. He was in ball, holding me tightly. "Stop it!" I yelled, wondering why they weren't listening. They had listened before.

I had managed to grab some tufts of hair from the wolves surrounding me, but that didn't slow their pace. They were killing machines.

There was a sword next to me. I had grabbed it and began to swing it, at the oncoming wolves. I had slashed some. None of them were severely injured. "Stop! Please!" I cried.

They weren't listening to me. I had closed my eyes, and held unto Eddie until I heard the last scream...cut short.

Fear gripped my soul as I felt myself being lifted up. I held Eddie tightly as I looked to see who was carrying me. A blood bathed male who looked as if he had done this all of the time. Commit genocide.

"Rowan, their is a boy in her arms!" One of the men shouted, walking quickly towards me.

"No! No! Get away!" I screamed frantically, my heart beating so much I felt as if I was going to pass out. I held unto Eddie so tightly, that he whimpered in pain. "Don't let them take him," I begged the man who seemed to be un phased by my crying.

"I know," the man rumbled who was holding me said as he continued to walk down the halls.

"He said to kill everyone but her! Give me the boy."

The man growled, whipping around. "What are you?"

"A soldier," the man snapped.

The Man holding me growled. "I am your Beta. You are nothing but an animal used to do our fighting. You do not order me to do anything. I will remember your face later; then I will kill you."

I watched in shocked silence as the man quickly turned around and walked away from us. Eddie was still crying, holding me tightly, and I was too. I didn't know what was going to happen. Everyone I loved was just slaughtered in front of me. What was there to do now?

The man carried us into what was called our assembly room.  The King was there. He stood at the head of the table, looking over the room with an intensity that made me want to cry more.

"What is that in her arms?"

"A 5 year old child!" I sobbed. "You do not touch a hair on his head or I will kill you!" I shouted at the monster of  a man. The one who held me stiffened a bit.

The man tilted his head; a smile arising from his lips. He petrified me. "He is related to you?"

"He is my brother," I said quietly, wiping my eyes. My chest hurt so bad, I couldn't hardly breathe. I was in so much pain...and my ankle was numb. Any feeling I had in it was being suppressed with all of the grief and fear I felt.

"Set her down," the King ordered the man. He had gently set me down in a chair. "Leave us." The man quickly left, shutting the door.

"You are the mundane Queen?"

I shook my head. Why would he think I'm a Queen. "I am the Princess..wh-why do you think I-I am a Queen," I sniffled as I sat up a bit, my feet tapping the floor lightly. I let lose a cry of pain.

The man hadn't flinched, Eddie had though. "You were wearing your crown before." I gasped, reaching up to my head. It wasn't there. I needed my crown. I needed my family crowns.

"Will you kill me?" I asked. If he said yes, I will not be surprised. He is a beast, an animal. What should I expect?

"No."

"What of my brother?"

The man seemed annoyed as he looked down at my horrified Eddie. "He can live."

I bit the inside of my cheek. "Have you killed all of the citizens?" I asked."D-Does anyone remain?" I whispered the last part out.

The man nodded his head in surprise. "Yes. Most of your people are alive. A select few who interfered with our invasion had to be put down. Some of my men will control your city until we find a suitable ruler for your people," he sneered at the last part. Why did he not annihilate our kingdom? Why had he left some in shambles? Did he do it, to make my people suffer even more? Dream of death? How cruel could this man be?

"I-I am the Princess. I am as suitable as they come. Wh-why not let me rule?"

He shook his head. "You," he said as he pointed to me. "Do not belong here. You will come to my kingdom with me."

Bile rose in my throat. "I-I will never go anywhere with you murderous beasts! I will stay here with my people!" I sobbed, as the man seemed to visibly sigh. He paid no attention to my outburst.

"I will have one of my men carry you. Direct him to your quarters and gather some of your belongings. Do the same for the boy too," he said staring towards a man who had seemingly appeared out of thin air.

He tried to grab me, but I pushed him away. "I have your word he won't get hurt?" The King  nodded. I sat my brother up. He was so upset. I had never seen his pale skin look so red.

"I want momma, Emse," he whimpered.

My heart broke. "Eddie, Eddie look at me," I said while putting his little cheeks in my hands. "This...this nice man will help you get your clothes and toys okay? If he's mean to you...scream my name okay?" He nodded.

I handed him over to the man who held him on his hip. "Be careful with him," I warned, glaring at the man. He nodded curtly before leaving with my brother.

"After you pack your belongings a medic will aid to your injury then we leave."

Another man had approached. He wasn't the same one who had carried me. It upset me a bit. I know it was off to say but I felt vaguely safe in that crazed mans arms. The man bent to pick me up. I was stiff in his arms as he carried me out of the room and down the hall.

"Stop," I demanded as he almost passed the room that the slaughter had just occurred. "Let me on the ground."

"I'm supposed to-"

"I said let me down," I said in a harsh, high pitched tone I didn't even recognize as my own. He set me on the ground.

I managed to flip myself onto my hands and knees. I began to crawl; like a child towards my parents dead bodies. The pain in my leg barely registered as I looked at my dead friends...family.

Once I got to my mother...I had closed her eyes. I whispered a prayer, grabbed her crown, and then kissed it, offering it up to the Lord. I then looped her crown through my arm and grabbed Eddie's too.

With tears now wetting my cheeks, I crawled through the blood, and to my deceased father's body. I closed his eyes. Prayed, offered the crown up to the Lord.

My body shook violently as I grabbed my crown. I had managed to sit back on my behind....and carefully place my crown on my head.

A sob ripped through my throat as I wiped the blood from my mothers crown on my already blood soaked dress. She was gone. My mother. My father. Two out of the three people I loved the most, were dead.

"Miss...we must go," the man stressed. Through my haze of tears I saw a gathering of men. The beasts who committed these acts, staring down at me.

It almost seemed as if they looked remorseful...but that didn't make any sense.

They were animals.
They had no souls.
They were wolf in sheep clothing.

*********************
Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying this book. It won't be updated for a while, maybe in a few weeks tops. Or until I finally finish this college semester lol a few more weeks and I'll be free! Anyway please vote and comment!