Bonus2

"William are you alright," I questioned as I squeezed his hand tightly. Then night had been one of celebration and wine. William had much to drink and I feared that he would pass out on his way back to his room.

Edwin had managed to get most of the men in the ballroom incredibly full of wine. I had no idea what he was planning...but whatever his mission was tonight I am sure he succeeded. The only ones not heavily intoxicated was Sirus and well Thorian. He had much to drink but Sirus had ceased all drinks from him once having a very heated conversation with him in the corner of the hall.

I was secretly glad of it...I did not know Thorian that well to plead with him to stop enjoying the drink that Edwin had so gracefully given him. I could throttle him for attempting to get his own nephew out of his character with mead and wines.

"I am fine, Queen," he slurred as the guard began to help him down the hall. "All is well with me Queen...Princess," he chuckled as I took a moment to hold in my laughter. He was not well at all. Maybe I would jusg let him lie in my bed. To rest. It would not be the first time...he has laid in my bed.

As William leant his weight on the wall, I opened my door. Only to see Edwin looking out of my window. A grim expression on his face. Why was he in my bedchamber?!

I sighed, closing my door and calling for a guard. "Please see to it that Lord Calfont makes it to his bedchambers safely."

"Yes your highness," the guard said as he grabbed Calfont under the arms. Supporting him.

"I will see you on the morrow, my Esmeralda!" He bellowed as the guard winced as he helped him down the hall. With a final laugh, I entered my bed chamber.

Edwin was in the same position as when I had opened the do before. "What troubles you, Eddie?"

His grim expression turned into one of annoyance. "Esme, I have told you not to call me that anymore. I am a man, now a King."

Did that matter to me? I laughed, leaning against one of my bed posts. "You will always be a little brother to me, even if you are a King...now Edwin why are you here?"

He grinned, turning around to look at me. I know he had a lot to think about today. I was terrified the day and night of my coronation. So many people were placed in my hands to care for. It was overwhelming.

"I just wanted to make sure Calfont was not accompanying you here. Word goes around that he often accompanies you here," he said while pointing my bed. "I have given my blessing for him to marry you...if that is why you are waiting for. You do not have to sneak around."

Oh, Edwin. My poor brother thought that the entire kingdom revolved around him and his decisions. "Oh King Edwin I am so honored that I have your permission to marry! Contrary to what your believe Edwin, I nor William were awaiting your blessings. I do not need your blessing to do anything."

"I know that, Esme."

"Do you, Edwin?"

He reached for my hand and I folded it across my chest. He rolled his eyes, stretching a bit. "I do...I just want you to be happy, Esme."

"Or distracted from whatever plans you are making."

He acted as if I have wounded him. His hand going to his chest and clutching it. "Sister, I do not hide anything from you, that is why I am here anyway."