26

"S-So a child knew that I was with child before I knew..." Esmerelda whispered. My eyes wandered over her wringing her hands while she stared at me with confusion.

She did not understand. She does not realize how irrational she becomes when she learns of certain news. I was going to ease her into this new information.

I did not expect the potion to work like it did. To give her a heat. I simply wanted her to be more fertile. It was almost impossible to have hybrid children. Most human women could never conceive, lost the child in the womb or the child was weak and perished within the next few weeks of life. Sarah and Chelsea were exceptions. Most hybrid children did not make it or had severe deformities.

The witch told me the potion would ensure Esmeralda's health was up to par and a susceptible to birth a lycan. I did not know she would start to show lycan characteristics. Such as heat, and her extreme body heat at times. But that was it. It was not as if she could become one of us. She still smelt like a human.

I just hoped that we would have more time. Now once again, Fiona has ruined a plan of my own.

"Esmerelda, I was going to tell you when the time-"

"-You have no reason to explain your actions, Sirus. None. I am the Queen you are the King. Whatever you say goes. I understand," she smiled. There were tears in her eyes. "I-I think I will take a bath now."

She disappeared into washroom. No one had drawn her bath. Was there water still in the tub?

I sat on the bed. Once she was done I would speak with her. Make her see reason. This was a good thing. Even she had no desire to see it.

I could hear her.
Every whimper.
Every sob.

It was a mental whip to my brain. A whip to my wolf's fur. I knew it was a matter of time before she found out. I did not think it would have been so early.

After about twenty minutes, I decided to intervene. I could not hear her cries anymore. I vaguely heard her moving around in the water.

"Esmerelda?"

I walked into the washroom. Her knees were tucked into her chest, her arms wrapping around herself. She was shivering. "Esmerelda," I said again as my hand dipped into the water.

It was freezing. "This is the same bath water from earlier? Why did you not ask me for the maids to draw a bath?!" I growled at her as she remained looking at the water.

"I needed to bathe," was her soft reply.

"It is time to get out, Esmerelda," I warned her as I grabbed her arm. Pulling her. With her arm stretched out I noticed that an old bruise from our love making was reddened and raised. "Esmeralda, come. Get up." I was attempting not to yell at her. She seemed...fragile right now. 

She did not respond to me. I began to pull her out of the tub. She screamed. It was difficult for me to get a good grip on her due to how wet she was. She fell onto the floor.

"Esmeralda," I growled as I tried to help her up. She let lose a yelp of pain as I touched her wrist.

She was drenched. I quickly grabbed a towel, wrapping her body in it. My eyes noticed every mark that I had left on her body was now raised again. Even my bonding mark on her neck. I quickly checked her stomach. It was unscathed.