31

My blood ran cold as I turned around. A look of relief passed my features as I saw that it was Rowan. "Rowan what is this room? Who is this-"

"-Esmeralda, go. You are not supposed to be in here," he claimed as his eyes were staring at the painting I was just so easily looking at.

I shook my head. "Rowan, tell me, who is she? Is she a past wife?"

Sirus had a wife before me?
Was it another sister who passed?

He sighed. "Esmeralda..."

"It is a yes or no question, Rowan. Or I can just assume it is a yes and tell Sirus you told me then question him. Or we can do this the easy way. You tell me and we keep it our little secret," I smiled as Rowan glared at me.

He sighed, running his hands through his hair. "You...you women are all the same. Manipulating and-"

"-Yes," I interrupted him. "Or no."

"Yes. That is all I am saying. If you would like to know more do not go to Sirus or me. Because he will have my head and I will say nothing more," he said with an angered look on his features.

So, who is this woman? What happened to her? Did Sirus kill her? Did his people kill her? Did she kill herself? Did she defy him in some way and live out the rest of her life in jail?

"Thank you, Rowan....why we are here I have another question. Why does Sirus enjoy being whipped?" I asked while his eyes narrowed.

Shaking his head he began to open the door. "No, woman. You are not tricking me again. Both you and Chelsea are ridiculous with your antics...I just-"

"-And what is this gathering about?"

It was Sirus. I could hear the anger in his voice as Rowan stood his ground. Cursing under his breath. "Nothing. The Queen has gotten into your private room and I was instructing her to leave," he said sharply.

I could see his darkening eyes look at me. He was angry. "Are you sure that is all it was cousin? You do have a reputation for wanting things that I have," he spat as I took a few steps away from the brooding cousins.

"Sirus you do not have any reasons to think otherwise," Rowan said crisply, as I felt the need to sigh and push them both out of the room.

Sirus scoffed, stepping closer to Rowan. Both of them seemed to puff out their chests. Like animals.. Well they were indeed animals.. "I have one hundred reasons why I do not trust you, cousin."

"I was juvenile and jealous back then, Sirus. I am a different man now. I have a mate who loves me, but I cannot say the same for you," Rowan snarled.

Oh...well that was true. Still, I did not appreciate them getting all angry for no particular reason. Or a reason that I did not know of. "Would you two stop acting like you are Eddie's age? I am hungry and extremely fatigued," I announced. "No one has the time to listen to you two argue like two old maids."

They were both glaring at me.

I did not care. It was to much excitement for me today. A woman with child was supposed to be resting. Not trying to get two grown men, A prince and King to stop bickering.

"Esmeralda, leave us. We must speak alone," Sirus said while glaring at Rowan. I felt as if They would start fighting if I left them alone.

I sighed. "I am staying here. I will not let you two rip one another apart," I claimed. I just wanted to hear what the two were talking about...in reality.

Sirus gave me a once over before sighing. "Have you sent out a small party of scouts to see King Talon's whereabouts?" Sirus questioned Rowan while I tried to think of who Talon was. No name popped up into my memory.