15

"Can I see your beast?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I have said so,"I growled down at the small human child. He insisted on holding my hand. He spoke to much for a child of his age. He had complained about seeing Esmeralda and the times that she was awake and not in complete delirium, she had complained too.

"How did you get that scar?"

I glared down at the young child. "By speaking to much. My father took his claw and slashed it across my face." The look of fear on the boy's face was truly satisfying.

Opening my bedroom door, he ran inside yelling my wife's name. I walked in after to see the little boy attached to Esmeralda. She was hugging him tightly...but still seemed in pain. Her back was healing up fairly well. It had only been a few days and she had healed quickly for a human. The medic thinks it is due to us mating...she is not a were but I am guessing our union has given her some qualities or characteristics of us.

"What happened Esme?" The little boy questioned, watching Esmeralda wince a bit. "Sarah said you are hurt!"

She laughed lightly. "I helped a friend, Eddie. That is all."

I watched her closely. Her recovery was slow. To slow. Her body was to weak. But her head and soul strong. Her long beautiful hair was braided back...exposing her beautiful face. Her bottom lip was still bruised. Due to the force at which she had bitten down...when she was whipped.

Her lip would look much more beautiful if that was caused from pleasure and not from pain. "Do you think we can see mother and father soon? I know they are angels...but sometimes angels visit earth."

I could feel Esmerelda's heart beat pick up. Feel her anguish over trying to think of something to say. "Do you have good dreams?" I asked abruptly, watching both of them look at me in confusion.

"Yes! Last night I had a dream that I ate the biggest cake in the world!"

I cleared my throat. I did not believe in angels...or her god...but I knew about their culture. "Angels are far to busy to visit earth so they send gifts in your dream. That cake was from your mother," I said hoping that sounded eloquent and not like an bastard trying his first hand at a new language. That is what I felt like.

"Oh! That makes sense Esme! Mommy always loves cake so she sent me cake! I can't wait to go to sleep again and see what father sends me!"

The child bought it. I did not think he would. "Wait! If they send me my dreams why did I have a bad one? Are they bad angels?" Now that...was a question I did not have the strength to answer.

"Of course not Eddie. When you are bad they send you bad dreams to make sure that you are behaving," was Esmerelda's answer. She was looking at me with a slight smile. Which was not normal for us....

"Oh...well me and Sarah did steal flowers from the gardener and then eat them! Is that bad?" Esmeralda began to laugh. I did not think it was funny. .

"Yes, Eddie. That is very bad."

"Oh....can we play? I cannot find Sarah and I am bored. Where is Rowan?

*Your highness, Lord Rowan is in the foyer.*

A wave of anger passed over me...as I heard about my cousin. I had failed to see him these last few days. I had refused to track him dowm. Rowan knew better. He would feel my wrath. Tenfold. As for Fiona she has already been dealt with.