40

"LET. ME. GO!"

I roared, thrashing wildly in my chains as screams and whimpers ripped through the castle walls.

Guards stood at the cellar door, uncomfortable, terrified looks on their pathetic faces as I snarled out, the silver sinking into my flesh. Burning the fickle skin.

"Sirus!"

I snarled, hearing my name attached with the utter pain and fear that Esmeralda was going through.

She had awaken last night with pains, and that instantly had me ushered out of the room, with the servants and midwife taking over.

Supposedly she had been in light pain the rest of the day, I was able to visit her twice. She just cried and asked for Edwin. Which I could not do. He was a child.

Once the real pain had began, multiple guards and Rowan had drug me down here to the dungeons. I had injured and ended many of the guards lives. My beast incredibly angered that they were taking us away from our mate and our child. "Your punishment will be death!" I roared. My words coming out odd as my teeth began to sharpen and elongate as my wolf called out to his mate. Wanting to be by her side.

Rowan stood with the guards, giving me a wary look. He had attempted to ware me out by fighting with me. We had fought brutally for only the moon knows how long, before both of us were in bloodied heaps. Once I was at my weakest they chained me up. They would all die.

"Brother, you are aware you cannot be in the room when she births! That is tradition." He rehearsed this line over and over again until it felt like that was his immediate response anytime I uttered a word.

"I do not care! Do you hear her? Do you smell the blood?" I snapped. Everyone in the castle was aware of the pungent odor of blood coming from her as she pushed out the next heir.

Chelsea was running up and down, all over the castle delivering message of how she was doing to us then rushing back to Esmeralda.

Edwin was completely distraught over hearing the loud cries of his sister and Rowan had to wind up making the boy slip into sleep. I did not know what methods he used but Esmeralda would have a fit if he were physically harmed.

I heaved out a deep breath, my eyes stinging as blood mixed with sweats rolled down my forehead into my eyes. I snarled pulling at my restraints. I was ready to see my son and my wife. Not pretend prisoner down here.

"Mother!...please help me!"

Everyone visibly stiffened at her words. Esmeralda has been interchanging me and her mother. Sometimes crying for both of us to come and help her.

"Rowan, unchain me!" I demanded as he stayed put. "This is the least you can do for me, brother!" I knew he appreciated when I called him so. I could pull at his woman like emotions.

The corners of his lips upturned before shaking his head. "No, cousin. You cannot be present for the birth of the child! If your beast loses temper from seeing Esmerelda's pain and all of the blood you can wind up killing the midwife or worse. You will not ruin this. She. Will. Be. Fine," Rowan stressed, wiping at his bloodied mouth.

Her screams made me want to claw at my ears. Smash my head against the brick wall. Anything to stop me from hearing them. My body continuously trying to shift and the silver preventing that. Creating waves of pain to lace around my body. Incapacitating me at times.

My head which was hung in defeat, suddenly lifted when I heard the screams and loud sobbing cease...

"Rowan let me go. Something is wrong."