37

"Edwin please do not look so sad."

He sat in his tub, teary eyed. "Why is Sarah not okay?! What is wrong with her?! Why can I not just wake her up?" Eddie pouted as I sighed, explaining to him what was going on with Sarah. His mind could not comprehend it, only that Sarah was very sleepy and he needed to wake her up.

He waded around in the tub while I talked to him about absolutely nothing. Trivial things to get his mind off of one of his most dear friends. I have to admit I had missed little Sarah too. They often came as a package deal, her and Edwin. Now it was just Eddie.

"When is that thing going to be born?" He questioned, pointing towards my engorged stomach.

I shrugged. I had no idea. I believe I had four months left until I give birth. But with a baby half lycanthrope...anything was possible. "In a few months Eddie."

"May I name him Eduardo? It sounds like my name but it is not," he smiled as he cupped some bubbles in his hands.

Why did he also think it was a boy too?! "Edwin it will be a girl and her name will be Elizabeth...after mother."

The mood visibly changed after I mentioned our mother. I felt like slapping myself. How could I have been this idiotic?! Now not only was Edwin in a sour mood but so was I.

A knock on the door had be drawn out of my emotions. "Prince Edwin your bath is over," a maid called from the other side of the door.

I stood up and bent down kissing his wet forehead. "I will speak with you later, Eddie," I smiled as he threw some bubbles my way.

I thanked the maid for all she has done for Eddie before making my way down the hall. I noticed a guard with a pile of papers in hand. He averted his gaze as I looked at him. Something new that the men in the castle have been doing ever since I have been with child. I knew Sirus had something to do with it...

"Your majesty," the guard bowed as I passed him. He had many letters in his hand and I paused, wondering if any were for me.

"Are any of those mine?" I questioned, watching him glance down, and shake his head. Confusion settled into me as I noticed that the seal that James usually puts on his letters were on one of them. "I will take this one," I claimed as he looked wary but still nodded his head, bowing again. "You may deliver the rest...and tell no one of what I have taken," I said sternly, watching him quickly rush away from me.

I made my way back to my bed chamber which was getting harder to do every day with how large I was getting. How large the child was getting.

Most of my time I spent either in Sarah's room, Eddie or in my own. Everyone had been a nuisance to me lately except for Eddie and at times Chelsea... 

Once I was in the room, I checked for Sirus before slitting opening the letter with eager fingers. Was James trying to secretly send letters to Sirus? That will not do at all. If he is trying to trick Sirus I need to know. It will end in his death, what does he not understand about that?!

Sirus will always win.

I took a deep breath and prepared myself for James's lies to my....husband.

Dear Fiona,

I thank you a thousand times for contacting me, I do wish to have Esme with me and not in your savage kingdom. I know your hatred runs deep and I am working for a potion that will break the spell cast over you. Also, may you let me know when she gives birth to that horrendous creature? We will rid of it at once, once the vampyr kingdom and my kingdom raid your own. That is the agreement, I do not wish to harm Esmerelda by stabbing at the creature while it is in her, so once it is out you will send a messenger and we will be present that night. I also implore you to give your brother a sleeping agent, I am sure a fight will break out over your beast of a brother for Esmeralda. If you would like we could rid of King Sirus. I will leave that to the vampyr king, he has a personal vendetta against the monster. If not, I think King Talon and I will take joy in seeing the look on the King's face when we end his monstrosity of a child.