46

**Sirus Pov**

Glistening fangs. Just as his sister had. The demon straight from the pit of hell has decided to grace me with his presence. He is just as I remembered. An arrogant sorcerer who enjoyed pain and everything that came with death. To think we used to be close allies...

"I would like your head on a platter. I want to squeeze the blood from your minuscule dark heart, but I do not know if that would remedy my problem," The Vampire King grinned. Crimson stained his ivory fangs. Something I had been accustomed to with...her.

Fangs were always bared at me. He was just as she was. "I am glad your problems will not be solved with my death," I growled out, glancing at Esmerelda. She was shaking as she tried to help the old witch up. Who was bleeding on her forehead a bit.

Esmeralda looked the same as when I found her in her old kingdom. The day the invasion happened. Blood covered her feet and the bottom of her dress. My men's blood rather than human blood...

"It will, in time. Tell me where is that child of yours? I would appreciate killing it, then perhaps I will take my bride and go."

"I lost it," Esmeralda announced, looking away from Talon. Tears that were already gathered in her eyes began to leak. I watched Hilda weakly smooth over Esmerelda's hair. Telling her words of comfort. "I lost my child," Esmerelda sobbed, very convincingly.

The old wench was terribly wounded yet still found the strength to aid Esmeralda in her lies. I did not understand that woman.

Talon glanced at me, a smile on his lips. "I am glad I did not have to play god, I am glad that the gods see you are unworthy of having children. Filth cannot bring purity into the world, Sirus."

Vampyr always arrogant bastards. Thorian was in a room in the far north tower of the castle. With about sixty guards and his wetnurse surrounding him. For great measure, I forced the old bat to place a spell that no one could enter the room.

I realized that Talon said something that I never expected him to say. Bride. His bride was not here. "You have no bride here," I told him as he shook his head his eyes going over to the little maid child.

"She is my bride, Islania has tried to trick me into thinking she is not, but she is. This little dog," he explained as an passive look passed unto his face.

He made his way over to the little maid child, his hand going to her forehead. He shook his head, glancing up at me. A smile on his lips.

I glanced at Esmeralda to see her looking at the maid child who she endeared too much. I sighed, "You cannot take her Talon. You have killed countless amounts of my men, you have tried to kill my child which is dead. Leave," I growled out, becoming sick of him just speaking and showing no action.

"I am waiting for....ah, here he is!" Before I could turn to see what he was talking about, a sharp pain pierced through my chest. I could smell the scent of the man who had previously attacked me in the other room. Bastard..how dare he still be alive after all our have caused him?

Esmeralda screamed. Searing pain enveloped my body as I glanced down to see what had happened. A silver blade was in my chest.

**Esmerelda's POV**

"Sirus!"

A man had snuck behind him and stabbed him. He let lose a yell like I had never heard him yell before. It went straight through his chest...