47

It was all a dream?

That is what I thought as I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I remembered Sirus almost dying...me failing to kill him. The Vampyr King...it was all an awful dream?

Slowly sitting up, pain blossomed within in me. I pushed off the covers and moved my night shift to see that I was wrapped up from an injury. I had a large wound...

It must have been when I jumped in front of Hilda. The pain was mild which I could not understand...being that an arrow basically pierced me. Then again...Hilda and Sirus probably hurried up the healing process.

"Your highness...?"

I looked up to see the wet nurse standing in the corner of my room...with tears in her eyes. Why was she crying? "Is...is everything alright?" I questioned her as she nodded quickly, wiping at her tears.

"Yes...I am sorry..you must want to hold your child, yes?" Before I had the chance to response she was rushing over to me with Thorian in hand. She placed him gently in my arms.

He had his eyes closed...and he snuggled into me as I kissed his forehead. He was large for a baby...then again he was not fully human. Maybe this came from his lycan side?

"Tell me where is my brother? Or little Sarah," I wished to see both of them. Since Hilda had so much strength to stop the Vampire Kings power...she had to have saved little Sarah.

The woman cleared her throat, "The maid child...she is gone. The Vampire King took her...your brother is somewhere here. I-I will go fetch him for you."

She seemed a bit skittish and I wondered if that was just from her fear of Sirus and everyone else in this castle. She made her way over to me, outstretching her arms. "He has just fallen asleep...and you are still recovering," she said tiredly.

Did she think I would wake him? "Oh...you will bring him back to the nursery?"

She nodded her head. "You should kiss him goodbye," she said as I gave her an odd look before kissing his soft head and handing him over.

She cooed him a bit as he began to fuss...most likely missing my warmth. "Thank you...thank you for doing all of this for him. I know you are being forced but...you do not have to care for him like a maid does." She was only supposed to be his food supply yet she cared for him deeply.

"I am sorry my Queen." The wet nurse shook her head, and slightly bowed. Before she disappeared from the room. I coils see her whining to cry again...and wondered what on earth did she have to apologize for?

The next hour or so I spent falling in and out of sleep, waiting for Edwin. Maybe she has gotten overwhelmed with Thorian and forgot? Whatever the reason be...it was time for me to get up.

It took a minute, but I managed to get to my dresser and throw on a thick cloak. Who cares if I had a night gown on under...no one could see and I was the Queen for heavens sake!

As soon as I heard the door open ring, a smile came over me as I thought that it was Edwin. I was disappointed. Incredibly disappointed to see Sirus.

"What is it Sirus?" I questioned tiredly, looking to the guards who were not meeting my gaze. Sirus looked awful. As if he did not sleep nor eat in a few days. His hair seemed to be getting out of control...and I wondered what was going on in his mind for him to look like this.