9

All of the wolves were running. Sirus quickly migrated to the top of the pack. He was outrunning everyone. First it seemed as though they were purposely lagging behind...but as I watched them....I could tell he was the fastest.

My head kept snapping back to see a laughing Eddie holding on tightly to Rowan. That made me smile. For a millisecond before...Sirus stopped abruptly. I looked up from my eyes closed for a second...to be surrounded with about 100 or so wolves. They all looked feral. As if they were waiting to pounce.

Fear crept up into me. I held unto Sirus. "I want to leave," I said shakily. "I want to leave now." Sirus looked back at me on his back and made a noise. There were to many wolves. All looking at me. Probably some of the wolves who had murdered my family. My life. The murderer of my parents were probably here.

I quickly got off of Sirus, and walked over to Rowan, grabbing Eddie off of him. I looked at the of wolves...and gulped.

Turning my back, I began to walk away from everyone. "Esme the big wolf is coming," Eddie warned as I glanced back. It was Sirus.

He had managed to get in front of me and began to growl. "M-Move," I said shakily. "I need to leave."

I watched as his body transformed into a man. A naked man. I covered Eddie's eyes. He was laughing hysterically. He thought it was funny. "What are you doing, mate?" He growled, glaring at me. He seemed furious.

"I-I'm going home!" I exclaimed. I began walking away from him. Eddie was scared. He was clinging to me.

"To the castle," he asked, gripping my arms. "Put the boy down now. This is our wedding day, love."

"No," I gulped. "Leave me alone!"

"We are tied together!" He shouted as Eddie cringed. Eddie shouldn't be here right now.

I sighed. "Can Rowan take him back to the castle? Please then I-I'll go wherever you want me to go with you."

He seemed to 'mind link' with Rowan because in a few minutes Rowan came with a pair of pants to give Sirus. He quickly slipped them on. "Come, Eddie. I'm going to teach you how to hunt."

"No! Bring him back to the castle please," I pleaded with Rowan who nodded. At least he respected my wishes. They left...which left Sirus and I. "Now you will hunt? Or the feast?" I asked him as he shook his head.

I gave him a confused look. "B-But Chelsea said that-"

"-It is already to late. I am tired. We will go back to the private wing in the castle. Eat and then retire for the night." My heart skipped a beat. He said 'retire for the night.' As in go to sleep. Did he realize that I did not want to consummate the marriage? Was the beast actually not that horrible.

I smiled. "I-I suppose...we are going to just sleep tonight?" I asked slowly. He nodded curtly. I smiled. "I am a bit hungry... Do they have a cake for us? In my culture we have cake," I said trying to make conversation. He was being abnormally quiet. I was happy. He would not be touching me at all tonight.

"They have dessert," he said cryptically. I sighed. He was enforcing the marriage so much and now....he was quiet about it. "How is your palm?" He questioned, changing the subject.

I looked at it. "Um...it's ok."

We walked in silence until we reached the castle. It was dark by the time we had reached the castle.

Once we arrived in some private wing, we entered a small dining room. The food was already set and looked delicious. He had pulled my chair out for me and I was surprised at the 'human like' gentleman behavior. When I noticed he wasn't going to sit...I looked up at him. Was this tradition? Was he supposed to watch me eat?