18

I took a deep breath. We had managed it. We had managed to get into a carriage. We had managed to get into a carriage and only bring...about ten guards with us. I had no idea what Chelsea's plan was....but I was more than a bit nervous about it. How could we rid ourselves of ten men plus two pulling the carriage?

She looked confident. Which I tried to make rub off on me. "Chelsea, how are we supposed to?"

She shook her head, putting her finger to her lips. I suppose we were not supposed to talk about it. Then I would probably be just following her lead. Which I had no problems with. "So, King Sirus wants me to...explain some things to you. What would you like to know about us lycans?" She asked as I sighed trying to think of a good question. I had many but which ones would not offend Chelsea?

"Why does Sirus try so hard? Why does he insist on touching me, being around me. He obviously knows I do not feel that way towards him...yet he continues. He also betrayed his sister for me, Chelsea. Is this misplaced guilt for what he has done to my kingdom or is this something more?" I questioned her. "I would never put Eddie in any type of situation like that if the shoe were on the other foot."

Chelsea looked at me grimly. "Lycan men...they only think about one thing throughout their lifetime. Their status and their mates. With those two things, their lives should be exceedingly abundant in happiness. They will do anything for their mates. Turn their backs on family, friends. Anyone because the pull from the mate bond is so strong. They will do anything, well in normal situations attempt to do anything to appease their wolves, which is their other half."

I nodded slowly. So that is why Sirus...would betray his sister. To make his wolf happy. "His eyes also glow a lot too. Is he that angry with me so often?" It seemed like everything I did...made his eerily animalistic eyes glow. Which frightened me at times. Waking up and seeing him looking over my form. It was terrifying.

"Well...the only way I can describe it...is if we'll humans blush, yes? If they are angry, sad, embarrassed?" I agreed. "Let is pretend that it is essentially a lycan's wolf blushing. Whether it be from anger, happiness. Lust.. that is the wolf showing that he is present. Which in most cases can seem dangerous. If the wolf takes over...it's animalistic Urges might....overpower the human side... does that make much sense?"

I was actually more confused then ever....but I felt as if she continued to speak I would be even more confused! "I suppose so..."

"Mates are a very important thing to lycans....if your other half dies it is hard to move on. It is difficult to even continue living. Or so I have heard."

They took this...very serious. "Sirus just expects me to fall in love and follow his every command and lust after him like he does to me. I cannot do that so easily."

She nodded her head eagerly. "Yes, I understand. Rowan expects that of me too...but that is what the mate bond helps do. Pull you closer to one another. His is in full effect yours...since you are human is a bit more difficult to control....but I understand... Do you feel anything for him? You can be truthful with me."

I looked down, twiddling with my thumbs. It was Chelsea. She was my only friend. I could tell her. She wouldn't judge me. "I do not know...I am starting to feel towards him. I look at him as a lover would. I..." I sighed.

"It's okay. Continue...I know it is hard for you."

My face began to heat up. As I thought of what to say...my threat constricted...my eyes began to slowly fill with unshed tears. "I like him....I am tr-trying not to. I do not think it is right of me," I whispered. If I said it to loud....I would shed my tears.