16

"Eddie," I sighed, as he pulled me down the corridor. He was insistent that we go down to the garden today. Sarah had supposedly found some blue birds under a bush and held one. Or so the story goes.

"Come on Esme! You are very slow," he frowned as I in turn frowned down at him. Well I was still in pain. It was hard for me to move my back...it was still tender. Plus, I have had heavy bleeding for the past few days. Thank god it ceased earlier.

Sirus would be happy. He had said that the scent of my blood was driving his beast insane. In thinking I was in danger...but actually not in any grave danger. He would wake up out of his sleep, waking me up and asking to sniff around me.

Which would entail me going on my back and him sniffing over every inch of my body. Making sure I was not bleeding out of any other place than my womanhood.

"Eddie, remember I am still in pain. You have to go slow," I reminded him as he sighed, and then stood tall. Taking extra slow steps, while holding my hand tightly. As if I was elderly and would topple over any moment.

I began to laugh. "I am no cripple, Eddie," I sighed as I saw a flash on blonde hair down the hall. I knew it was Chelsea. It had to be.

"Chelsea!" I shouted.

She began to run. "Dammit," I swore as I tried to go as fast as I could.

Eddie suddenly let go of my hand. "Do not worry!" He said as he raced down the hall, going to run after her.

I heard a loud crash. A sigh left my lips as my poor legs began to work faster than they possibly could. What I saw when I rounded the corner. Made me burst into laughter.

A maid with a cart full of food over turned. Food all over Eddie and Chelsea. "What...what happened?" I laughed as Eddie began to lick some sort of sauce from his hand.

"He crashed into me and I crashed into the cart," Chelsea said a bit winded as I helped her up. "Thank you, your highness," she siaid softly as she looked towards the floor. Confusion clouded me.

"Eddie...please do not lick Chelsea's dress," I warned as I looked over her gorgeous dress. It was divine. I wanted it! How did she afford such a thing? Where had she been for the past few days? She had bruises on her face. One rather large one on her neck. Sort of resembling when Sirus had so kindly bit me...

"I will get him cleaned up your majesty," the maid offered.

"Thank you," I said while Eddie kissed my hand then began to run off down the hall. The poor maid running after him.

Chelsea and I were left alone. "I am sorry...I-I am so sorry," she whispered as I watched her eyes began to tear. "How are you? I heard you were bleeding from your womanhood. Did Fiona cause that?" She asked, trying to hold back tears.

I laughed lightly. "I am completely fine...and well no. That is what happens to us human women every so often. It is natural. You do not have such a thing? Since you are a halfbreed?" She shook her head. Bless her soul.

"I...I must go...I have to change my dress. Rowan will be upset. I-I already messed up the dress he just had gotten tailored to fit me," she sighed loudly, as I stared at her in confusion.

Something was going on with her and Rowan. I had no idea what. Throughout the few  times that I was drugged by that herbal mixture, I faded in and out of consciousness. Most of the time Sirus would be speaking to me. I hardly remembered what he had said. But I picked up their names every now and then.

"Why would Rowan buy you a dress?" I questioned. I did not know they were that close for him to buy her dresses. She looked down again. "Well first we should get this dress cleaned up," I said with a smile. "We can go to my bedroom...and change you into something not covered in food. Even though you smell like a well cooked ham," I said as she laughed a bit.