48

Seven days.
Seven days I have been without my child.
Seven days I have stayed in the grand room.
The one that has been reserved for the King and Queen.

The one my parents have slept in.
The one that my mother lost her child in.
The one that still smells of them. Their smells feint but I can still smell them.

Countless amounts of people I have recognized but barely remembered have attempted to talk to me. Coax me out of my room.

I reject them all. Only maids with food and Edwin are allowed to come into my room.

Edwin is very confused. Sad. He misses Sarah, he misses Rowan and he misses....the Lycan King.

I can not even think of his name...it sends me into violent tremors and my heart feels faint. Weak.

I cannot govern my people in this room. I cannot raise Edwin in this room yet it feels so comfortable to stay here. To lie here and pass into the night.

Loud knockings pulled me from my dark thoughts and I sat up in my bed. Weakly grabbing at my robe and pulling it close to my chest.

"Come in," I called.

It must be supper...or maybe breakfast? Maybe Edwin.

Who entered was not a maid with food or a guard with Edwin but a man. A man with a determined look in his eyes.

He was accompanied with a maid and two guards. I watched his eyes look me over before going up to my face. And lingering there.

"Who are you?"

He cleared his throat, "I am Lord William Calfont the fourth. I was Duke Everton's advisor...my father was Henry Calfont the third, My Queen," he said as he bowed slightly. His father was apart of my father's council. A quiet man who enjoyed playing instruments while the councilmen bickered. He was slain the night my parents were...

I sighed, loudly, "And now that Everton is gone? You run this kingdom, yes?"

He nodded his head jerkily. "Well yes...your highness but-"

"-Out! All of you out. Let Lord Calfont and I speak to one another, please." The two guards had wary looks and the maid instantly scrambled out of the room. Lord Calfont waved a hand and the two guards instantly retreated, closing the door behind them.

I pushed my blankets from my body, and stood up. His eyes did not dare go lower then my head. Which surprised me. I was not naked but I might as well been. I was in nothing but a night shift.

My descent over to him was quick, and I surprised myself with how fast I approached him even though I have neglected to walk in a few days.

"You want to marry me, Lord Calfunt?" I questioned, my hand stroking his cheek. I could feel him visibly tense. "You want to wed the last Queen of Histania? Let me inform you that I have been spoiled by the Lycan King. I am sure you do not wish to have a Beasts seconds."

He pushed my hand from his face, clearing his throat, "I do not wish to do so, your highness."

"Then you wish to kill me? You will kill me now, say I was mad with pain and sorrow. Grieve me and take over, yes?" I asked watching him clench his jaw tightly.

He took a steep away from me. "No I do not wish that either."

I glared at him, rage suddenly filling me. What did this man want? What did he want if he did not want my body or my death?! "What is it you want?! I have nothing to offer you!" I shouted at him as his eyes widened. "My virtue has been taken, my parents have been taken, my title has been taken, my child has been taken! What do you want from me?!" I screamed, the pain and sorrow I felt, crippling me. Making me sink to my knees in sobs.