36

"Why?" I sighed loudly, tears threatening to fall from my eyesight I braced my hands onto the wooden dresser. Sweat was breaking out on my brow. Stress has been running my tired body rampant.

It has been four weeks since Sarah has been in this odd vegetable like state. The seer has been by her side every step of the way. Insulting the maids so awfully that they run and cry from that woman.

When I take Eddie to visit her she just watches Eddie with keen eyes. She speaks to Eddie like he is more important then Sirus or I. Eddie has no fear for her. Often he asks questions like why is she so old, and can she make his hair white like hers, or if she can tell Sarah that he said hi since she is a 'magic lady.'

"How are you feeling?"

I sighed loudly. My dress. My idiotic dress no longer fit. The one that was hand made for me just so recently did not fit! And I could not get out of it! At all. I have spent half of an hour attempting to get out! "I am fine," I lied, my voice cracking. Emotions getting ready to spill over.

"You have missed breakfast...Do not lie to me Esmeralda."

I stared at him through the mirror, he was hiding a hint of laughter as he walked over to me, assessing this awful dress. I could not get it off. "Why are you not dressed yet?"

I turned around, my eyes dead set on how calm he looked. Compared to my uncomfortable state. "I am stuck! I cannot get out of this blasted dress!" I choked out, tears running down my cheeks. "My chest feel compressed and I cannot get out! And my feet ache!" I sobbed, pulling at the hideous dress. "And I am starving!"

I could not even see him through my tears. I felt his hands spin me around. Then I felt him pulling at my dress. In a few moments, I was free as he helped me out of the dress. I looked down at my feet. Claw marks were all over the awful thing.

"Th...thank you," I sighed out . Tears welling up in my eyes again. What if he did not come back to check on me? I would still be stuck in that disgusting dress! "We will fire that dress maker," I claimed as I could feel his hands on my shoulders. "She is out to kill me!"

He lead me over to my sitting vanity. I was in nothing but my shift but I could not stop the tears! I was just so relieved and tired! "Esmeralda, calm down," he ordered me, as I wiped at my tears. Angry that he could ask me such a thing.

"Esmeralda," he said, his tone a touch of authority in it, making the child in my stomach gently move. "Thorian does not like when you get this upset," he claimed, as I felt his fingers on my belly.

"Elizabeth," I breathed out, calming myself down and wiping my eyes with my hands. "It is Elizabeth...it will be a girl," I claimed, as Sirus whispered something to my stomach. "Do not talk to her like that."

His eyes met mine, a confused look on his face. "You did not even hear me."

I frowned as the baby began to move even more, the more Sirus spoke. "Thorian will be strong. Stronger than me, that is what I told him," he explained as I rolled my eyes.

He stood up, assessing me as I grabbed my robe pulling it over myself. My breasts were larger and I did not need him staring at them. "The seer has made you tea that will strengthen your body. You will birth in three months. You will drink it often. The child will weaken you and when you do birth, since you are human, you will recover slowly. With this potion in the tea you will recover like a female Lycan," he explained to me as I frowned.