27

*Three months later*

My heart thumped wildly as I stared down at small piece of paper. It would turn into a bread recipe every time I laid it down. But when i picked it up...ingredients for the position would pop up. It was surely magical....

Dust of yukata root
3 dragon scales
Lavender oil
Bodies or bone of deceased

The list went on but I could not fathom the last one. I could not even stomach to think about. It made my heart ache. And my stomach churn. My mind could not even comprehend what the old witch was asking of me. I threw the paper aside...my hands raking over my face.

I had one ingredient out of five. I could
Not get the last one. I had no idea how to get to the bones of my parents and I had no idea where yukata roots were located. I was thoroughly annoyed and doubtful.

Maybe I just needed to let go...

I had to get some fresh air.

I quickly got to and tucked the list of ingredients into the side of my dresser, before grabbing my cloak. I put it on and walked out of my bedroom.

Instantly met with my personal guard. Yes, Sirus had assigned me a specific guard. He never spoke to me. Just followed and said, 'my Queen.' We walked silently out to the garden, where I heard Sirus yelling. He was training with Eddie.

"Edwin, no," Sirus snapped.

Eddie had no shirt on. Just his baggy trousers. His small limbs were drenched in sweat. He was also barefoot. Another child stood opposite to my brother.

He looked...vicious. Like an animal caged in a human body. "Go Edwin."

I watched Eddie run towards the little boy. I gulped as I watched the demon of a boy jab his fist into Eddie's side. Eddie doubled over.

My hands dug into my skin as I watched the little boy stand over Eddie and kick him in the ribs.

Do not interfere I chanted over and over in my head. Sirus would get angry. Again. That I had interrupted yet another sparring match. Eddie was being pummeled by another boy just last week and I demanded that the match be over.

I knew men sparred. I watched my father do so with the generals and such at my...home but their ways just seemed barbaric. They hardly ever used swords. Almost always using fists and teeth. Claws.

I heard Eddie yelp out, as he kicked the boy's feet, making him topple to the ground. Eddie quickly got up and jumped on top of him. They were now rolling around in the dirt. Little grunts from both of their mouths.

My eyes traveled to Sirus who stood in front of them. Watching them like a hawk would observe prey. Not missing a single action.

"Enough," he announced. They did not stop. Eddie had stood. The little boy had not. Sirus grabbed the child by his hair, snarling. "You dare to defy me, boy?"

The little boy's eye was bleeding a bit. Had Eddie done that to him? "N-no, King Sirus!"

"Go," Sirus snapped setting the boy down. He scurried away. I watched Eddie sit on the floor. Tears in his eyes. "Get up, Edwin," Sirus ordered him as Eddie continued to try and control his emotions. "Edwin. Up."

He scrambled to his feet. He wasn't bleeding. His face was an angry red and I could see scratches on his small chest. Other than that he seemed unscathed. "Why are you crying?" He questioned Eddie.

"Because I am weak..I was losing the fight," Eddie said automatically. He certainly was not! Who was filling him up with these lies? I will have their heads.