8

"I'm itchy!"

My eyes were filled with tears all day. Up until this point. This surreal pinnacle in my life...I had no more tears to shed. The past few days had been a whirlwind of a nightmare. The dress fittings, the arguments of how I was a human and such. They had to change their traditions because of my humanity. I was being reminded every day, every second that I was a human and it killed me to know that I would never have anyone on my side. Except for Eddie. He really didn't count though. He was a child.

"It's itchy!"

I glanced down at a red faced Eddie. He was not happy about this arrangement and he had been complaining the entire time about everything. I was very much annoyed, but he was a child. He was the only one I had.

"Sir Edwin, Sarah would like to play with you," Chelsea chimed in. I glanced at Chelsea smiling kindly, as Eddie ran out of the room. "You look beautiful," she complimented as I tried not to squirm at her staring at me. "Our King will love it."

That's when the beautiful moment was shattered. "I don't want him to."

Chelsea looked down, seeming to bite her bottom lip. "He will," she said quietly. "And he will love you too. He is a kind man...his views are a bit-"

"-Crazed?!"

"-Unorthodox," she said with a small laugh.

I sighed. "If he is not the monster you say he is...if he is so kind...if I ask him not to consummate the marriage, will he allow me more time?"

Her shoulders sagged. "No...but that's because of his wolf...he-"

"-Forcing someone to do such sexual acts when you haven't even been correctly courted is an animals way of thinking. He is a monster," I snapped as Chelsea pressed her lips tightly together. I sighed. "Forgive me, Chelsea."

She smiled, bowing slightly. "No...the fault was mine. This is a happy occasion," she smiled as I attempted to do the same.

*************
"But mother! I do not want to go! My feet ache and my throat hurts. I am sick and these heels do nothing for me. Everyone will be able to tell," I whimpered as my mother grabbed me into a hug.

"It is your brothers coronation as Prince. You cannot miss this."

I pushed away from my mother. "It is not fair. He's a baby what does he know? Everyone will know I do not feel good!"

The Queen straightened up her shoulders, and glared down at me. "They will not know if you do not look in pain. Smile through it. People should never see any emotion on you my dear. Masking the hurt and pain is a Queen's job. Which you will become one day."

"B-But what happens when I can't mask it anymore?"

Her mother didn't respond. She just kissed her cheek and began to fix her curls....

********************

"Are you ready?" I nodded silently. Chelsea had the guards open the door for her. They were having the ceremony outside. I had no idea why. It was probably tradition.

I had no shoes on. Just my dress. No veil either. It was...odd.

As they walked through the forest, I  had heard Eddie laughing. Most likely with Sarah. Glancing back again, I  noticed that only females were walking behind me. Chelsea was beside me. Behind was Fiona. She looked incredibly angry. I felt how she looked on the outside. A few other women were behind her, wearing black just as her.

They were all smiling at me. I smiled back. It wasn't their faults I was marrying this monster. As we walked, I saw a clearing. It was beautiful. Greenery and flowers everywhere.