6

I stood...scantly clothed on a raised platform. Emotions like never before welled up in me, as I stared ahead.

A young woman with long silver whitish locks, piercing blue eyes and pale skin glared at me. Her lips were set in a straight line...I watched them quiver occasionally. Her eyes were full of unshed tears; yet everyone in the room was oblivious to her emotions. That girl was me. Standing in my slip; staring blankly at the large mirror in front of me.

"Your hips are perfect for child bearing, my Queen," the seamstress complimented me as I glanced over at her. She was at her small wooden table altering...a white laced dress.

It was beautiful....on any other circumstance but what it was being used for made it look hideous. How could I ever agree to this? My mind quickly let me know that this was not my plan. This was the King's. I don't know why he would pick me, a human to assist in ruling over savages. It made no sense.

"Men tend to think about two things when choosing a wife." I sipped my horrid tea as my mother spun around the room slightly to a song that the pianist was playing. She loved to twirl, and dance, and that was how she thinks. Some people called her odd, but I was used to it.

"How marvelous she would be in warming his bed and her title. You have both my dear. That is why everyone and their fathers wants you. Surely you must realize you gather your good looks from me!" She said as i began to laugh. It was true. Every suitor who has arrived at the palace doors has brought upon a father or an Uncle who wild do nothing but gawk incessantly at my mother.

I grimaced. "That is sick."

She chuckled. "Well your father is surely one. He married me because of my hair," she giggled. I shook my head. Sure mother had beautiful hair; but how could a man be that stupid!? My mother could have been a tyrant!

"Father is a different breed."

"Now that is true, my dear. Just remember, if your father makes you marry between two horrid men with one having a better position in life, chose the better position. He will be smitten with you, and you will be able to do whatever you desire."

**********
As I recalled a conversation with my mother...anger rose in me again. The King wanted me because he wanted me to warm his bed! That had to be it. This man probably had never been with a human woman...and he thought marrying me would be perfect! Making my life a living hell was not enough, he has to marry me. He gets the privilege to..touch me.

"Excuse me...has the King mentioned when the wedding will happen?" I asked the seamstress who seemed incredibly happy to be working on my dress.. She was a surprisingly sweet old woman.

The woman smiled. "Oh in just a week. Aren't you overjoyed? Our King finally has a beautiful mate!"

My stomach began to churn. I did not feel all to well. I stumbled off the raised platform. Chelsea had run over to me. "Is everything alright, your Highness?" She asked Ashe stabled my footing.

"Yes....no. Where's Eddie?" I asked, numbly. I didn't know what to do. I had to hold someone I truly cared about. I needed him.

She was quiet. She was probably doing that 'mind link' thing. "He is in the court yard with Sarah."

"Bring me there...now," I said as she quickly let go of my arm and brought me my dress. She quickly put it on me; in such a hurry I was a bit confused as to how she had gotten it on me.

As we walked in silence, I glanced at her. Maybe she could tell me some customs of a wedding... A savage wedding. "Chelsea...how do weddings work here?"