44

~Chelsea POV~

Rowan was furious with me.
The anger that was resonating within him resembled that of his cousin's when he thought Esmerelda was betraying him. I had never felt Rowan's wrath before...and I was more than a bit nervous as I walked down the hall with him and a few hand picked men who knew about the severity of this task.

"Chelsea will hide out near the gates...when they are spotted she will tell some lie to get the guards to abandon their posts. That is when she will sneak them in," Rowan explained to the men who were all glancing at me with deep respect. I did not want their respect. I wanted their strength. To make sure that I made it back to Rowan. Alive.

Although I was still upset with him...I loved him. Nothing in his past or mine could change that...and now that I was faced with a situation that I possibly might not come out of. I was nervous. Of course I could not let that show. If I showed it now, Rowan would cease this plan immediately.

"You eleven will protect her with your life, do you understand? We will ride out into the village and find the exact path where she will walk them throughout the village to the castle. You will all be posted various places down that path," he explained to the men who would be protecting me.

He turned to some other men. "You all will be posted to escort Queen Esmerelda everywhere. Once we get word that they are here, wherever the Queen may be, you do not let her leave that room or anyone enter. Understood?"

These men were no regular soldiers or guards from the castle... That is what King Sirus and Rowan wanted everyone to think, but they were trained killers. They carried out orders for deaths that The King would never ever dream of doing in person. Also Rowan. Every Kingdom had them and this one was no exception. "Yes, Lord Rowan," they all answered in unison.

"Gather anything you will need. Meet me at the stables when you are all prepared." The men filed out, and I watched as Rowan turned to look at me. The concern and fury in his eyes was just too much. "Chelsea, do not die," was what he said as I smiled at him, walking up to him and grabbing his hand. He flinched as if it had hurt for me to touch him. "I-I thought you were angry with me."

"I am...but I am also about to lie to a powerful King and well some humans." I told him as I stood on the tips of my toes to kiss his hairy cheek. He pulled me closer to him, "I love you."

He grumbled softly, kissing my forehead. "I love you too."

**
****
*****
*******
I stood at the gates waiting patiently. I was scared of course. I had a cloak on and was dressed as a villager. Esmerelda had given me the description of her friend in depth and Rowan has given me what the Vampyr King looked like.

They told me it was easy to spot the King, and that did not make me anymore at ease. Rowan had true not to make him sound so intimidating but...it was hard to do so. I knew I had to be strong though, it would probably be the King, Everton and some of their men.

I had to act like Fiona. I had to tap into that awfully mannered, I'll spirited, sad woman that I had to call my...cousin now I suppose. Even though Rowan does not claim her as blood anymore.

Glancing, around my eyes met with one of the many soldiers stationed around the village. He gave me a nod and I immediately tensed as I looked over towards the gates.

They were here.
Eight cloaked figures.
Walking with such determination.

I flipped my cloak down and then back up, a signal for some of the special soldiers to follow me quickly to the soldiers stationed at the Gates. I watched three of the men approach the guards that were at the gates. "King Sirus has ordered all of the gate keepers to the southern border. Something about an attack!"