13

"Mother! Mother please I need your help."

My mother stood, in the grand ballroom humming to an odd mixture of music that the pianist and violinist were playing. She seemed to be oblivious, that I was in the room next to her. Yelling at her.

"Mother please listen to me!" I screamed, tears trailing down my face. I looked down at my body. Dark patches of fur were sprouting up from my skin. "Mother please!" I sobbed, as I watched her spin around the dance room. Not hearing me.

I was becoming a beast! And there was nothing that could be done to stop that. I felt wearing pain shoot throughout my body as I fell to all fours. "Mother! Mother!" I screamed, each time I said her name my voice sounding more animalistic by the second.

She suddenly turned around. Eyes wide and horrified. "Esmeralda!"
**********
"Esmeralda!"

My eyes snapped open. I could feel two strong hands gripping my shoulder. I could hear a deep voice calling out my name. Glowing red eyes, looking down at me.

"Get away!" I screamed, as I could see the glowing eyes begin to brighten. I hit at the object, the delirium from my dream clouding my judgement.

I felt the hands fall from my body and I began to try and get my breathing together. "Esmeralda is it me," I heard a deep voice beside me. It was Sirus. He was standing with a candle in his hands.

He looked terrifying with how the light shone off of his half naked body. I looked away, wiping at my wet face. "Are you alright?" He questioned me, as he sat down on the bed, placing the candle on the night table.

"You do not care," I whispered out loud as I heard his loud sigh. "Can I become a beast? Will I transform into one since you have bit me?" I asked quickly, not wanting to carry on this conversation.

"No. you will not but our child will be a halfbreed. Like Chelsea and Sarah," he explained as I shifted in the bed. We would never have children. Never. And I had no idea that Chelsea was half human. Nor Sarah either.

As I shifted in the bed...I felt something wet coming from my womanhood. I internally groaned. I had either wet the bed in my sleep...or I was receiving my time of the month. It was supposed to come two weeks ago but due to certain Beasts I think it pushed it back.

I quickly got up and rushed to the washroom. Sure enough once I lit the candle...it was blood. Relief flooded me. I ran some water and quickly tried to wash myself up...before wondering what I should do. I don't think beast women had the curse of the month.

Before I could go outside and ask Sirus...there was a knock on the door. "You are bleeding, Esmerelda? What is wrong? Where are you injured?" His voice left no room for reason.

When I didn't answer right away he opened the door. "Stop! I am not dressed," I stressed as his eyes traveled over my body.  A small simple towel hid my private area from him. My breasts were still out.

"What is wrong?" He asked, keeping his distance from me as I just stared at him. My mother told me husbands must not know when the time of the month is. For their safety. But...I did not care about Sirus's safety.

"I am on my curse of the month."

His eyebrows drew together. "You bleed from your womanhood...correct?" I nodded mutely as he began to walk towards me. I shook my head continuously, as he approached me. "So you are not pregnant," he asked, his hands traveling over my neck, and down my spine.

I shivered.

"No."

He looked...angry...upset. "We will try again when you are done with this 'curse,' " he announced as I stared at him wide eyed.