14

My body shook as I made my way over to the...whipping post. I held my head high though. I could do this. This was for a friend. A friend who had already gotten in trouble on my behalf. If I had not of made such a big deal about the disrespectful maids...she would not have felt the need to try and defend my honor by such....a gruesome act. Then she would not have had those lashings...but what was the other reason? Why was I taking six more lashes for her now? Something about mates.

"Your highness." I looked up to see a terrified looking guard. He was holding the rope...that would tie me to the post...and that would also tie my hands up.

I knelt down...on shaky knees. I put my hands up...wrists together. The guard...was shaking. I did not know why. It made no sense. He did not know me...personally. I did not even remember his face. Maybe...he respected me as Queen and was afraid for me to get hurt... that could not be it though. He was a beast. He did not care for me.

"Your highness you are be punished for the crimes of Chelsea Rhines for the tampering of the natural law. You are receiving 10 whips for for her crimes. Do you accept?"

Somehow I did not believe that she would be giving me 10. But more...

I looked up at Fiona, watching the joyful glint in her eyes. The smile of the devil. "Do you accept, your highness?"

"Yes," I said tight lipped.

I was doing this for Chelsea. She was a minority in the Beastly nation too. Even if she was part beast...they didn't treat her as one of their own.

My body tensed...as I heard the crack of the whip. I had planned on being silent and not crying out...but the moment that whip hit my flesh...my entire body tensed and I cried out.

I held on tightly to the rope that bound my hands...as I heard the crack of the whip.

The skin of my back pulsed, with the connection of the whip once more. I closed my teary eyes, pressing my forehead against the rough wood of the post.

This was the third...lashing. Only a few more. "You mutts will not take over this kingdom. Me and my brother worked far to hard for a human to be Queen!" She shouted as my body jerked from the onslaught of lanes that she began to pelt me with.

My back felt as if hot liquid was being poured down it. Hoarse screams left my mouth as I begin to lose count of how many lashings I had taken. My heart beat rapidly as I attempted to move....the back of my dress...or what remained of it was sopping wet. I could feel the wet material pressing down on my body. Weighing me down...it was wet with my blood.

My eyes peeled open as I heard sobs. One of the maids I had recognized was staring at me in horror as I smiled weakly at her. My body was shaking uncontrollably now. From the pain and the fear I had felt....I urinated on myself.

"Her punishment is over. Someone grab her and get the medic!" I could hear Fiona angrily spit.

"Stop!" I screamed out weakly, jerking away from the hand that touched my back.

"You filthy animal. You need to be cleaned. Bloods all over your dress. I hope now you learn to be a good pet for my brother."

The pain from her nails digging into my exposed flesh was to much for my weak body. With one loud cry...my eyes began to shut, and I tumbled into a peaceful slumber.