4

Rowan stared at the Princess's door. She was screaming. Loudly. It made him cringe. His sensitive ears....the castle's sensitive ears, every one of the people in the castle probably heard it.

He had put the boy in his room and unpacked a weird toy for him to play with.

"What is the meaning of this?!" He turned towards his old friend who still had blood on his hands from murdering one of the council members in his hastened anger.

"She is....expressing her anger and sadness. The boy is in his room." He watched the King pace back and forth in front of her room. They both knew it was idiotic of Sirus to walk into the room. He was the reason she was yelling. It would make the situation worst.

"Goddammit," Sirus growled, tugging on his hair angrily. It must have been killing his wolf not to go in there and comfort its mate.

"My Lords is everything alright?" He smelt the sweet scent. He turned to see Chelsea and...Sarah. Sarah hid behind Chelsea and both of the girls jumped as Princess Esme let out another loud cry.

"The Princess is-"

"She is my Queen," Sirus snarled at Rowan. He took no offense to him snapping.

"Go, go meet the boy," Sirus said as he continued to pace back and forth. Chelsea took the girl by the hand and they walked down the hall quickly. He watched Sarah look back at him.

He smiled.
Her small eyes widened then quickly turned around.

"Should I go in there?" Sirus questioned him. Rowan shook his head. The girl...she put up a good front but he knew it was only a matter of time before her emotions caught up with her.

"I'm going in there," Sirus made up his mind. He watched his cousin go into the room. His ears ached.

"Get away! Get away from me! I hate you! I hate you so much! I wish you would die! Y-you did this! Your stupid horrid beasts! You took them! You took them away!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

Rowan was surprised. She had a set of lungs on her. He wondered what his cousin was doing. He could hear scuffling. Something broke. "Get! Away!"

"Stop this, now!" Sirus shouted.

Rowan had to intervene. He walked into the room and looked at he scene before him. The small bookshelf in the room had all of the books scattered on the floor.

His cousin stood near the bathroom. The Princess stood near the window...with a dagger to her neck. She was already drawing blood. It seeped out into her white hair...staining it. "Put the dagger down. Now," Sirus growled.

"What of your brother?" Rowan asked slowly, watching her body movement. Her wet eyes darted over to him. "Eddie," he said again. "You would join your parents and leave the boy behind to fend for himself? He would not make it."

They locked eyes. She seemed to be testing him. Rowan did not back down.

The dagger fell with a loud clank to the floor. She sank to the floor, sobbing.

Rowan felt something in his chest move. His cousin had his work cut out for him. "Just...Please, leave me alone."

****************

I glared at the woman who was stationed at my door. In my room. Just sitting in the corner; unmoving. Her name was Chelsea. She was my maid...she had told me that the King had told her not to leave my side.

She was pretty. Pretty dark hair pulled into a bun. Nice blue eyes. She was what I was supposed to look like. My father had blonde and my mom had dark hair. My father had green eyes, my mother had blue. Eddie looked like my mother. I looked like neither. I had off whitish hair, and well I did inherit my father's green eyes. That was about it.

"Would you like to eat, Miss. Esmerelda?"

"No," I said hoarsely. My voice was cracking...sore... The yelling at the King had left my voice in shambles. I was starving but I refused to eat. I didnt feel as if I should eat.

I had been out of the room twice within the six hours I was in my room to see Eddie. He had a new friend. Her name was Sarah and she was a pretty little girl...but she was a beast.

"Would you like a bath? Sometimes that is calming," she offered. "Or tea."

I glared at the woman. "The only thing that could be calming to me, is death."

I watched her put her head down and look at the floor. "The King would like you to eat," she said softly.

I took a deep breath. "What? Is the King mind talking with you?" I have heard these creatures are able to communicate without talking. Maybe it was true.

She nodded her head. "It is called mind link. As King he can speak telepathically with us."

Unbelievable. Does she take me for a fool. "I am not hungry."

She sighed, and stayed put. I noticed she kept staring at the dagger I had. I was annoyed by her presence. I didn't want her in the room with me. "If I give you my dagger can you please leave me alone?"

She was quiet for a moment. "Okay, the King allows it." I handed her my dagger and she bowed before leaving me to my solitude.

I sighed shakily. Why was I here? Why did the King kill everyone? What was going on?

I was confused. I needed answers. We were never allies, our kingdoms. My father often spewed his hate for the beasts but he never acted upon his hatred. Were they the kind of people who would seek war just upon someone simply doesn't like them? It made no sense.

To find out answers I was going to have to....be nice to the King.

*****************
Hey guys! Anyone feel bad for Esme? Anyone like Rowan? He's my fave character to be honest lol Anyway hope you guys enjoy. Please vote or comment;)!!