35

Surprisingly as I made my way down the hall, following Chelsea and Rowan, and the old seer, Sirus was behind me. They had moved Sarah to one of the castle bedchambers like I have requested, so now we were on our way there.

We found her in one of the last bedchambers with maids and servants surrounding the door.

"All of you back to work," Sirus ordered them as they bowed respectively to us bedofe rushing out of his way.

We walked into the bedchamber to see a maid wiping at little Chelsea's forehead. She was drenched in sweat. Even her little nightshift was soaked with perspiration.

"We had to change the sheets twice already. The girl keeps sweating and shaking," the woman explained to us as I shook my head, horrified.

Her body seemed rigid as it shook. Small little whimpers coming from her partially parted lips. "Move away from her," the gravelly, voice told us.

Hilda handed Rowan her dark Cain before stretching out her old fingers. A hand was  on Sarah's forehead, and one on the back of her head. "Tsk, tsk, tsk," She clicked her tongue as her body began to shake.

I watched in amazement as words that only she could understand began to tumble out of her mouth, making Sarah's cries and whimpers even louder. She sounded in deep pain. Unbearable pain.

Her body seemed to shake even more and even twist in agony. It was all to much to watch. "Stop it! You're hurting her!" I yelled at the elderly woman as she paused her movements. She turned her head towards me, her eyes black as night. Terrifying. I felt myself step into Sirus's hold.

"I am," she admitted as she removed her hands from Sarah's body. "There is nothing I can do," she announced. "Someone has a hold on her I cannot do anything."

Chelsea was frowning. "And what is that supposed to mean?"

Her cane flew out of Rowan's hold to slap Chelsea's leg. A growl came from my friend as the woman chuckled. "I was getting ready to explain that! Let me explain in a way that you imbeciles will understand."

Honestly this woman was horrid. I do not understand how Chelsea cares about her. "Hm alright. Say someone is searching for something. They do not know where it is but their falcon knows. So the person ties a string to the falcon and let's the falcon fly to what he is looking for. Once the falcon finds that item, he sinks its claws into it. So no one will take it. The falcons owner now follows that string to get to the falcon and the item. If someone else pulls on the item, the falcon's claws will go deeper and ruin the item."

"Where is this falcon then?" Rowan questioned, as Chelsea shot him a sad look.

I understood. "The item is Sarah...The falcon is a metaphor for the magical curse put on her by an unknown source. If you try and break it...the curse will wind up tearing Sarah apart."

She was clapping at me. "To think the human Queen understood before any of you dogs. A shame!"

"Who is the unknown source, Hilda? You are probably much more strong than this person...what will you do?"

She shook her head. "Nothing. I will stay with the little dog until the hold is over..that will be when the person shows his or her face."

Who would want Sarah? She is a child maid...it made absolutely no sense.

"You have no idea who would do something like this?" Chelsea questioned Hilda, as the elderly woman shook her head before patting Sarah's hand.

This was all so confusing and unfortunate...and I was still very much hungry. "Please tell us if she wakes or if you found a solution to her problem," I told Hilda as she seemingly ignored me, dragging a chair over to the bed and sitting oddly on it. "I am going to go get something to eat," I told everyone else.