45.2

As soon as the door swung open and men piled in, they charged directly for the Vampire King. He chuckled, and pulled back his cloak. Letting it rest on his shoulders.

He whispered words into the air and the soldiers around us fell to the ground. I let lose a loud scream, as any person who stepped foot into the room instantly dropped to the floor. Were they asleep? He could not possibly be killing them...could he?

"Are you killing them?! Stop this!" I screamed, my eyes committing the man's facial features to memory. He was like nothing I ever saw before.

Pale skin. Paler than mine. Broadened shoulders. A large fur was covering his neck. A silver ring pierced his nose. His eyes were an odd silver, red streaks rimmed under them. His hair fell in a long dark shade. He smiled, revealing two sharp teeth in the front. I gasped.

"I will kill as many men as it takes until your husband shows himself," he said simply with a smile that made me clutch Edwin closer. I could not leave Sarah here with him and I am sure if I tried to run he would kill me. I just have to wait for...for Sirus.

I ran over to the door, almost tripping over the...the men. "Do not come in here! That is an order! Do not come in here!" I shouted at them as the two men getting ready to approach looked me up and down warily. I let lose a frustrated sob, "You idiots, you will die the moment you set foot in here! Find King Sirus, now!"

They took calculated steps back, as I switched Edwin's heavy frame on my other side. I was entirely too weak to be holding him like this. "So you are intelligent. It is a shame Sirus has tainted you. I might have liked you as one of my concubines," he smirked as I clutched Edwin tighter.

My stomach felt as it were going to heave up the nothings that I had ate today. "What do you want with Sirus? Why are you here?"

"His heart, Human Whore, that is all I require. I have no use for you, you may go. You have already been tortured enough. Leave with that human boy while my spirit is still enjoying the slaughter of these pests," he chuckled as I watched him pull a dagger from his cloak.

He approached the man closest to him and ran the blade across his neck. Blood spilled from the man's wound. Seeping unto the floor. His eyes brightened and a satisfied look came across his face.

"Stop this! What is wrong with you?! They have done nothing wrong!"

"He is already dead, Human Whore," he sighed, as he dipped his hands in the crimson liquid and ran his tongue over his fingers. He closed his eyes momentarily. "And why do you care? I thought you despised lycans?" He had a twinkle in his eyes. He enjoyed this! What was wrong with this man?!

"Why do you despise Sirus so much?" He would not get me to speak, I would force him to speak, and I could not leave Sarah to him. I just could not! Sirus needed to hurry!

"Why does anyone hate another? Of course he has wronged me. He has wronged you too, that is why you despise him, yes?" He questioned as he went around the room, slitting the men's throats before dipping his fingers into their blood.

The middle of the flooor was beginning to pool with blood and my footing waivered. The stench of blood bringing me back to when my parents where murdered. "Are you alright, human whore? Blood does not set well with you I see," he chuckled.

"How has Sirus wronged you?" I questioned, keeping my eyes above the ground and breathing through my mouth so I would not smell the blood. My body was shaking and it was becoming more and more complicated for me to stand.

He paused, his hand getting ready to slice at another. He glanced up at me, his darkened pits for eyes making me look away from him. "If you must know your husband took my young sister and wed her. Consummated the marriage before I even knew she was gone. I had no choice but to let him keep her, since he had soiled her. She despised him. He had deranged thoughts of her loving him when she loathed him. I supposed how you loathe him."